Dragon Princes lack of special rules

Ask any rules specific questions here
Razzy Mac

Dragon Princes lack of special rules

#1 Post by Razzy Mac »

I don't have my army book on me at the minute and I was playing around on battlescribe. Is it correct that DPs not only don't have martial prowess, but also don't have ASF? If so, what? How does that make any sense? Martial prowess wouldn't so much for them anyway and I don't think they'd exactly be overpowered if they had ASF, why are they one of the only things in our book not to have those rules? Does a 6+ ward save really need to be balanced out by taking away re-rolls and hitting first? They're still S3 T3 elves with not much of an armour save ffs!

Or is my data on battlescribe simply incorrect :P
Last edited by Razzy Mac on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RM's High Elf Plog
High Elves: 9 Painted, 112 Remaining
Mr. Lucifer

Re: Dragon Princes lack of special rules

#2 Post by Mr. Lucifer »

they have it... the horses don't...
"We are the chosen of Asuryan, beloved of the gods and heirs to the world. Our armies are the finest in creation; swift where our foes are lumbering, cultured where they are barbaric. Give no thought to failure, nor defeat – we are the Children of Ulthuan and we shall prevail."
Razzy Mac

#3 Post by Razzy Mac »

My battle scribe data must be wrong then because it most definitely says they don't have it. It lists swiftstride and valour of ages... Everything else in the army has ASF in their entry where appropriate... #-o
RM's High Elf Plog
High Elves: 9 Painted, 112 Remaining
Loriel

#4 Post by Loriel »

In general I wouldn't trust any battlescribe catalogue. They are best used to aid building the army. You can correct any errors you find with catalogue editor that can be found at Battlescribe installation folder.
High Elves since Aug 2010: Tot /W / L / D - 100 / 75 / 23 / 2
Tomb Kings since Sep 2013:Tot / W / L / D - 31 / 18 / 12 / 1

Chronicles of Loriel's Glory and Shame
Jayby01

#5 Post by Jayby01 »

One battlescribe catalogue I saw had the Skaven "Grand Banner of Clan Superiority" saying that you add d3 combat resolution for each rank in the unit and a couple I saw have wrong point values on items. If something looks weird or out of place though, its easy to go in and change it through the catalogue editor.