Chariots and ASF

Ask any rules specific questions here
Blackbird

Chariots and ASF

#1 Post by Blackbird »

Hello!
I had a game vs another ulthuan member and we had this issue about my chariot and his annointed on a flamesphyre phoenix.
His annointed atks and does not get rerolls
My crew atk his Phoenix(not the rider) and get rerolls
My horses do not get rerolls

Was this correct? Since i get rerolls he also wanted it, but I said that since its a combinedmodel he will not.

Anyhow he rolled 40-50% 1´s the entire game, rly should not have ended the way it did.

thoughts?
/Blackbird
John Rainbow

Re: Chariots and ASF

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

You played it correctly (I think). You can choose to attack rider or mount (see ridden monsters around pp.105 of the BRB). If you choose the bird you get rerolls as you have ASF and higher initiative than the bird.

The question regarding your opponent getting rerolls is more tricky. His character strikes against the crews WS for sure (this is in the chariot rules on pp. 86 of the BRB) but it is less clear whether the special rules of the crew i.e. ASF apply in this case. I tend to think that they would however as it is the crew being fought with their WS. If this is the case, the ASFs cancel and he will not get rerolls against the chariot.

Horses do not get rerolls as in the HE armybook it says under the chariot option that ASF only applies to the crew.
Count

Re: Chariots and ASF

#3 Post by Count »

Good to know. Elf vs elf always so much frustration.