Morathi

Ask any rules specific questions here
SamBarker

Morathi

#1 Post by SamBarker »

Happy New Year everyone.!

Well my New Years eve started off by getting a buttt kicking by Morathi... And it got me thinking.
As she can select to take a couple of spells from Death and Shadow (I think) Does that mean under End Times magic if she chose to do that, she would all spells for both decks? Or is her rule specific to how it's written? Secondly, let's say she throws one dice at a Dark magic spell and rolls a one, does she get to add her d3 still or does the one mean she's broken concentration? My gut feeling was she gets the d3 roll and that's how we played it. It's crazy with new end times rules as she hardly ever breaks concentration and can hammer word of pain and doombolt. I had one bad magic phase dispelling and she took my entire armies weapon skill down to about 2. Needless to say it was game over after that. Darned, cursed dice ha!!!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Morathi

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Moved to Rules Questions.

SA
Ielthan

#3 Post by Ielthan »

In end times magic she indeed knows all of death shadow and dark magics. Remember in end times magic there is no broken concentration. The way I interpreted her rules is that it's d3 to the casting total, similar to wizard level bonuses so it would still be broken concentration on a 1 or a 2 in normal games. Remember she gets the normal plus 1 to cast dark magic too.

She's pretty incredible in end times games, and very good in normal ones, matches the power with which she's described in the fluff. At 2400 I'm running both her and Tyrion in my aestyrion list.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a question about her too. If she was to charge someone, then use the lore of shadow attribute to swap with a pegasus master or vice versa, would the pegasus master gain charge bonuses (e.g. lance strength bonus)? Or the other way around would she? Would be a pretty cool trick, also spamming steed of shadows is too fun.
SamBarker

#4 Post by SamBarker »

Apologies for posting in the wrong place, I was in a blind panic. - Yes, my mistake. I meant to say not enough power not broken concentration. So with Dark magic can she never fail to cast evenue on 1 die? If she rolls a 1 plus even the lowest d3 off a 1, then the plus 1 for dark magic, she's got 3!
Or does the dice roll of 1 take precedent and she fails before adding the others? I don't think she can fail can she? And to answer your question, I'd say yes it counts as charging lol, boom why not.
SamBarker

#5 Post by SamBarker »

Sorry for my spelling, chuffing phone autocorrecting and.being slow!!
Ielthan

#6 Post by Ielthan »

The dice roll and the casting total are different things. Bonuses to the casting total don't affect the dice roll, a roll of a 1 or a 2 on one dice is still not enough power regardless of any other bonuses.