Nikkit Nikkit cast on BSB

Ask any rules specific questions here
Tullarion

Nikkit Nikkit cast on BSB

#1 Post by Tullarion »

If a Goblin Shaman casts Nikkit Nikkit on a BSB with BotWD, and chooses the banner to steal, what happens?

Does the Shaman become a BSB?
Does the Noble cease to be a BSB?
As a BSB who is losing his standard, is he simply killed?
Does the Noble retain the protection of the banner for the spell hits?
If the Shaman does not count as a BSB, can they still benefit from having the magic item?
If the Shaman counts as a BSB, and there is already one in the O+G army, what happens?
Instead of a BSB, does the shaman simply become a Standard bearer?
If so, is he subject to Last Stand?

This is a funny, fluffy spell for the gobbos, but it leaves some questions.

Oh, also, can he steal armor? If so, can he use it? Does the victim get to use the armor for the spell hits?

Weird little spell.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Nikkit Nikkit cast on BSB

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

This has more or less the same issues as unmaking a banner using the high magic spell. We're not sure I think.

The rules sayt you steal the magic item and can then use it if you don't already have an item of that kind. So if you steal a banner or armour then you can use it.

In case of a banner, I think there is a difference between being a BSB and carrying a magical banner. You would be able to use its magical effects, so BotWD would give your unit the 2+ ward. But you wouldn't be a BSB and thus no rerolls on ld tests.

So, I think:
- no, shaman doesn't become BSB
- no, noble doesn't stop being BSB
- he also isn't killed
- Yes. This one at least is clear. The spell specifically states that the hits come first and only then is the item stolen.
- yes
- does not apply, see 1.
- no
- no

Also, as said, yes, he can steal armour. And he can use it. The victim can't use the armour against the spell since the spell doesn't allow armour saves. Though, if the armour grants magic resistance or a ward then the victim can use that against the spell.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
John Rainbow

#3 Post by John Rainbow »

Just to add a second opinion... I agree completely with Rod (as is usual). I don't think you'll get a different opinion anywhere although the issue of staying a BSB without a magic banner is somewhat unclear. Most tournaments rule it as Rod has done in my experience though.
Tullarion

#4 Post by Tullarion »

Sounds good to me. Thanks, guys!