Minimum army requirements 50% lords

Ask any rules specific questions here
Talathel

Minimum army requirements 50% lords

#1 Post by Talathel »

Im looking at running a star dragon lord at 1200pts.

Would a unit of 12 silver helms and 2 single eagles be enough to qualify as an army, and be legal to play?
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Minimum army requirements 50% lords

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Moved to rules questions.

SA

Yes it would be legal as you'd have a General and three units.
John Rainbow

#3 Post by John Rainbow »

SpellArcher is correct. I just wanted to post a confirmation.
Shadeseraph

#4 Post by Shadeseraph »

That's... roughly 600 on the dragon, 306 on SH with shield and FC and 2 GE. You are still under 1.2K by ~200 pts. I'm guessing a BSB with BotWD for extra beardiness?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48662]My standard gaming lists - 2500 pts.[/url]
Talathel

#5 Post by Talathel »

Shadeseraph wrote:That's... roughly 600 on the dragon, 306 on SH with shield and FC and 2 GE. You are still under 1.2K by ~200 pts. I'm guessing a BSB with BotWD for extra beardiness?
Yea thats right. Stick it all in the one unit and march it straight forward. Im very tempted to use that list! just worried about skaven and dwarves
Iluvatar

#6 Post by Iluvatar »

Aren't you more worried about the fun to be had in such a game? It seems 1200 points is not the most competitive setting, so having a star dragon in there could make the experience unpleasant for your opponent...
aquietfrog

#7 Post by aquietfrog »

A dwarf/empire player would have great fun cannoning it off the table.
Talathel

#8 Post by Talathel »

Iluvatar wrote:Aren't you more worried about the fun to be had in such a game? It seems 1200 points is not the most competitive setting, so having a star dragon in there could make the experience unpleasant for your opponent...
If i was playing a friendly game then sure. Honestly you could probably take this list and still e competitive as its hard hitting. combo charges and you break most units.
RE.Lee

#9 Post by RE.Lee »

It would be legal. Please don't make abusing 50% lords a thing, though. "Kill the Stardragon" is often a boring game at 2k, let alone 1200 points...
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Talathel

#10 Post by Talathel »

RE.Lee wrote:It would be legal. Please don't make abusing 50% lords a thing, though. "Kill the Stardragon" is often a boring game at 2k, let alone 1200 points...
Its the one tournament i enter a year so i like to be at least half competitive. I expect everyone else to do the same to me. I know a WOC player is taking a lv4 deamon prince. or a prince and a mage at 1200pts. Something along those lines. Could be very nasty indeed!! So why not take the best monster in the game atm ;)
Talathel

#11 Post by Talathel »

aquietfrog wrote:A dwarf/empire player would have great fun cannoning it off the table.
If they do take cannons i wouldnt expect more then one or two tops. You cant deal with everything that fast so eagles and helms go hunting. Even the dragon could for a turn or two. 7 wounds should see him still alive. If theres more warmachines then they would be really taking up troop points. so would lack somewhere else. Besides turn 2 is a charge for this list.