Challenging a Slann in Temple Guard

Ask any rules specific questions here
John Rainbow

Challenging a Slann in Temple Guard

#1 Post by John Rainbow »

Q: Can a Slann in a unit of Temple Guard be challenged as he is placed in the 2nd rank of the unit?

My thinking on this was yes. The rules for the Slann going into the second rank only apply to the time when he joins the unit. I see nothing in the rules that stops him being challenged in CC. If this is the case, can you then send him to the back if he refuses or does he simply go back to the second rank? Obviously this makes a difference in several cases such as if you have a rear charge on them also or if the TG can step up and attack to the front in place of the Slann.
pk-ng

Re: Challenging a Slann in Temple Guard

#2 Post by pk-ng »

Yes he can be challenged. As for sending him back I'm not 100% sure but I think he won't be sent back as he's not b2b with any enemy model/unit.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#3 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

The Slann just can't be placed in a way that he can attack, so if he is in the second (and third rank as he's a big model) rank he can't attack anyway.
I'm not sure if it matters that he can be placed in the second rank or further, as long as he's not in b2b contact with an enemy. even though supporting attacks rules state that he could attack, he's not allowed to.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
John Rainbow

#4 Post by John Rainbow »

It only matters as you would otherwise get a couple extra Temple Guard attacks. I think its pretty clear you wouldn't get the BSB/Ld benefits either way.
pk-ng

#5 Post by pk-ng »

Asurion Whitestar wrote:The Slann just can't be placed in a way that he can attack, so if he is in the second (and third rank as he's a big model) rank he can't attack anyway.
I'm not sure if it matters that he can be placed in the second rank or further, as long as he's not in b2b contact with an enemy. even though supporting attacks rules state that he could attack, he's not allowed to.
I don't think it matter whether he can attack or not. The important point is he can't be in b2b.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
reiko321

#6 Post by reiko321 »

Good thing you do not have to be in B2B to be in a challenge.