3 ogre rules questions (stomps and impact hit related)

Ask any rules specific questions here
Nicene

3 ogre rules questions (stomps and impact hit related)

#1 Post by Nicene »

1. Are stomps targeted at individual models or allocated as shooting? BRB seemed vague on this.

2. If the ogres pursue into a new enemy, is it possible to inflict d3 impact hits (with a high pursue roll)?

3. The ogres overran into a snot wagon, and were then countercharged in the flank by some squig herders before combat began. Can they allocate impact hits to the unit charging them? What about if the snot wagon was destroyed by a mangler before combat begins?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61399]my MSU army list/battle reports[/url]

[quote="Nyeave"]Omg it's a parrot chariot - a parriot... :D[/quote]
Teledor

Re: 3 ogre rules questions (stomps and impact hit related)

#2 Post by Teledor »

Nicene wrote:1. Are stomps targeted at individual models or allocated as shooting? BRB seemed vague on this.

Fairly certain they are allocated per shooting IIRC. I've never had an OK player argue otherwise.

2. If the ogres pursue into a new enemy, is it possible to inflict d3 impact hits (with a high pursue roll)?

I would think so. It counts as a new charge. Although there may need to be clarification between an overrun vs. pursuit potentially. But I would think the BRB treats pursuit into new enemy and overrun into new enemy as a charge.

3. The ogres overran into a snot wagon, and were then countercharged in the flank by some squig herders before combat began. Can they allocate impact hits to the unit charging them? What about if the snot wagon was destroyed by a mangler before combat begins?

I don't think they can allocate against a unit charging them. That just logically doesn't make sense with order of events. Ogres new charge into snot wagon by pursuit, then in the next turn you charged into the Ogres with a new unit. Would seem to me the Ogres never charged the herders, so no impact hits can be allocated there.

If the snot wagon was destroyed by the mangler by random movement? I would say yes for the same reason above. The Ogres didn't charge the herders, so their impact hits are lost.

theviking

#3 Post by theviking »

Nicene wrote:1. Are stomps targeted at individual models or allocated as shooting?
Don't have my book handy just now, but I think stomps go against a unit in base contact. So generally they will hit the unit, unless fighting a challenge in which case the stomp (or thunderstomp) will hit the character/champ.
Nicene wrote:2. If the ogres pursue into a new enemy, is it possible to inflict d3 impact hits (with a high pursue roll)?
Yes. Pursuit into a new enemy counts as a charge, with no reaction allowed other than hold.
Nicene wrote:3. The ogres overran into a snot wagon, and were then countercharged in the flank by some squig herders before combat began. Can they allocate impact hits to the unit charging them? What about if the snot wagon was destroyed by a mangler before combat begins?
Impact hits are only made when unit A charges unit B. Any other units are ineligible targets. So only the pump wagon can take impact hits, and if it is destroyed before combat the ogres won't be making any impact hits.
Nicene

#4 Post by Nicene »

Do the ogres still count as charging (+1 combat res) if the snot wagon was destroyed before combat begins? They're still fighting the squig to the side.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61399]my MSU army list/battle reports[/url]

[quote="Nyeave"]Omg it's a parrot chariot - a parriot... :D[/quote]
theviking

#5 Post by theviking »

Yup, any unit that charged this turn gets the +1 res, doesn't matter if the charged unit is alive or not.