casualties and reforming skink cohorts

Ask any rules specific questions here
masterhwan

casualties and reforming skink cohorts

#1 Post by masterhwan »

Hi guys I'm back from a long journey overseas and I just finished a game with my friend earlier today. A situation came up that we surprisingly have never encountered before. He was using a skink cohort containing 30 skinks and 4 kroxs. Now its clear that the kroxs stay in the second rank and are able to use their 3 attacks each. I managed to thin out his unit with archers until there were only 4 skinks and 4 kroxs left. Here is where the question came up:

do the kroxs have to move up to the first row since technically speaking a front rank can never have less than five models before forming a second rank?

BRB states that a unit must have at least 5 models in the front rank before it can start adding units to form more ranks. Since the unit now only has 4 skinks left, do the 4 krox still stay in the second rank? and if not then how would the reform to come to the front rank work? would the 4 kroxs come to the front and the skinks form to the sides? or would only a 1 krox come up and the others stay back? I can't quite tell. My friend also wasn't entirely sure.

I hope I am explaining this scenario clearly. for now we have decided that the kroxs stay in the second rank. It just seems a bit weird to me seeing that if there was only 1 skint left in the front there are still 4 kroxs behind him....

Thanks in advance for any clarification you guys can provide!
masterhwan

Re: casualties and reforming skink cohorts

#2 Post by masterhwan »

please ignore that post. we did not have the army book on hand when we played but the lizardmen army book explains it clearly. sorry for the pointless question