Arcane Unforging

Ask any rules specific questions here
Wicksi

Arcane Unforging

#1 Post by Wicksi »

Hi all!

I was wondering on peoples take on Arcane unforging, I've heard from some people that it would only actually destroy an item if you wound your target if you dont then nothing else happens.

And I have been reading this through and through and no where in the spell does it say "if wounded proceed to" or anything like that it does however say that if the target has no armor he cannot be wounded it does not say "you cannot target a model without armor save" or "Models without armor are unnafected by this spell".

So the only reason I can se is that in this spell is that it does 2 things 1potentially wound you and 2 chance to destroy magic item.

How are people playing this and if you claim that you need a wound to destroy an item whats the argument why that would be?

Best Regards
Wicksi
Danidude

Re: Arcane Unforging

#2 Post by Danidude »

What I do then is show them how it is worded from the book/card and explain it is no where stated that I need to wound that model for the second effect to take place. All off my opponents have then agreed with me on it so far.
This is my signature, are you sure you have permission to read signatures? Yes/No
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#3 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Danidude wrote:What I do then is show them how it is worded from the book/card and explain it is no where stated that I need to wound that model for the second effect to take place. All off my opponents have then agreed with me on it so far.
As is correct.
It's very clear in the wording anyway, it's even separated by a full stop ".", creating a clear new effect of the spell.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
pk-ng

#4 Post by pk-ng »

it's mutually exclusive.
if you don't wound doesn't stop it been destroying the item
step 1) wound
step 2) destroy item

it's not
step 1) wound and if wounded proceed to step 2
step 2) destroy item
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Wicksi

#5 Post by Wicksi »

Thanks for the support, I've met so many people that claims it doesnt do a thing without wounding so thought better check if I missed something.

Glad to know we are all on the same page :D
Gwaihir75

#6 Post by Gwaihir75 »

I would like to ask one more question regarding Arcane Unforging. When wounding you wound on a dice roll greater or equal to the model's unmodified saving throw.
What is unmodified? And is 1 always failure when attacking target with AS 1+?

Thank you and sorry for hijacking the thread.
Dalamar

#7 Post by Dalamar »

Unmodified is a very vague term when it comes to GW rules (look at Unmodified Ld and Spirit Leech FAQ).

Generally the armor save a model has is unmodified one, which can be modified by strength of the attack (granted Arcane Unforging has no strength) or spells like Plague of Rust (-1 modifier per cast)

1 is always a failure.
Gwaihir75

#8 Post by Gwaihir75 »

Thanks.