Allies Magic Items and Magic Phase Dice Questions

Ask any rules specific questions here
aquietfrog

Allies Magic Items and Magic Phase Dice Questions

#1 Post by aquietfrog »

My local gaming group is a bunch of WHFB newbies who play the game to the best of our understanding, there are no other local gaming groups in our location that we know about(probably at least 400 km away is the nearest). However, our group aims to play in a setting similar to most organised competitive tournaments. So I have the following questions

Question 1:

Suppose in a randomized allies tournament game, two HE armies are drawn up as allies. If both armies have previously submitted beforehand their army lists, and both have similar magic item load outs on their characters (Book of Hoeth, etc.) Would that cause any issues?

Tangent to Question 1:

If two mirror armies bring similar items (e.g. two HE armies facing each other both bringing the Book of Hoeth), would that also cause any issues?

Question 2:

In our gaming group, we've been playing that excess power dice carry over to the next own magic phase, likewise dispel dice carry over to the next magic phase as dispel dice. Is this how it is mostly played? From what I've read/watched, it seems like PD and DD don't carry over.
f00ssa

Re: Allies Magic Items and Magic Phase Dice Questions

#2 Post by f00ssa »

If you've submitted lists beforehand, they don't change. So some magic items or special characters supposedly unique can find themselves on both sides of the board.

PD/DD are not carried over as a rule. Empire and Vampires used to have items that allowed them to save dice, but I think they're gone now.
pk-ng

#3 Post by pk-ng »

LM can bring over -> Eldrich Reservoir (however you spell it)

PD/DD not used in the current magic phase are forfeited.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
aquietfrog

#4 Post by aquietfrog »

Thanks. That makes things a lot simpler. :D