effects from wounds cancelling after healing?

Ask any rules specific questions here
masterhwan

effects from wounds cancelling after healing?

#1 Post by masterhwan »

I looked around but couldn't seem to find anything on this so I have two questions:

1. if a model suffers an effect as a result of taking unsaved wounds (such as Morathi's weapons reducing 1 point of s/t/a for each unsaved wound inflicted) would those effects cancel if the wounds are healed later on?

2. can characters be deployed with units as per the BRB? I know some events have their own special rules, but I want to know just by the BRB if characters can normally be deployed with certain units. Please also provide the page number in the BRB which clarifies this. Thanks in advance!
masterhwan

Re: effects from wounds cancelling after healing?

#2 Post by masterhwan »

anyone have any ideas?
Nicene

#3 Post by Nicene »

1. Recovering wounds won't increase a model's s/t/a, unless the healing spell or item specifically says so.

2. I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking whether special (e.g. Korhil or Morathi) characters may deploy with and/or join units in the same way as normal characters? They certainly can, unless something in their special rules prevents them from doing so, or they are of a unit type tht prevents them from doing so (monster or chariot).
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61399]my MSU army list/battle reports[/url]

[quote="Nyeave"]Omg it's a parrot chariot - a parriot... :D[/quote]
pk-ng

#4 Post by pk-ng »

don't understand your question

I don't have the full DE book....maybe if you "paraphased" the rule we could give you a better ruling? Or better ask Druchii.net as they maybe more familiar with Morathi's special rule.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#5 Post by Prince of Spires »

If I understand your questions correctly, then the answers are

1. No. The effect are not directly related to the wound. The wound is only the cause, but the effect is permanent, so unless it specifically mentions fixing the s/t/a reduction it does not.

2. character deployment depends on the scenario. General rules are on BRB p142, in the heading "Alternating units". If there are scenario specific deployment rules then they will be listed in the scenario. In general, all characters (except scouts / ambushers) are deployed at the same time. They can be put anywhere in your deployment zone and you can put them in units if you want. There are some exception to what kind of units you can join and some characters (mainly on monsters) can't join units as mentioned by Nicene.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
cerebros

#6 Post by cerebros »

masterhwan wrote:2. can characters be deployed with units as per the BRB? I know some events have their own special rules, but I want to know just by the BRB if characters can normally be deployed with certain units. Please also provide the page number in the BRB which clarifies this. Thanks in advance!
Aside from one of the rulebook scenarios which specifically states you can, or special rules a character (or an item that has been bought for them) has, all characters deploy at the same time after all other units (apart from scouts).

In my experience of tournaments some people do deployment units with characters in. I don't have any problem with this per se (if people want to give away where their juicy targets are going to be it's up to them) but I find you have to watch out for people who conveniently forget to take the fact they haven't deployed their characters at the right time into account when working out who gets the +1 for who gets to go first.
My all new painting blog

Want to find a tournament? Check out the Wargame Tournaments website.
masterhwan

#7 Post by masterhwan »

Hey guys, sorry I've actually been out of the country for a while so I didn't get back to this. Thanks for the replies, I understand how it works now!