Charaters in targeted units

Ask any rules specific questions here
Motley

Charaters in targeted units

#1 Post by Motley »

A situation came up last night as we were not sure how to resolve it so I though I would ask here.

I cast a boosted Soul Quench at a unit of 8 Saurus Cold ones. In that unit there was a character with a higher T than the rest. As I rolled rather well I ended up with 22 hits. How are these distributed through the unit?

Do we distribute the hits between the Character and the rest of the unit then roll to wound? Or just resolve to wound against the Unit? what if I kill them all? and there are more caused, with the Char being different ?

In the end we decided to just resolve against the unit and I 'only' killed 6 of them (then they panicked off the table, yay!), as we were not sure. What should we have done.

Cheers,
Dan.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Charaters in targeted units

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

So long as the character is the same troop type as the unit you played it right, per pg 99, as MM hits are resolved like BS shooting hits and the unit was at least 5 strong. If you wiped out the rank and file the character would still take no damage.
Motley

#3 Post by Motley »

Cool, thank you.
pk-ng

#4 Post by pk-ng »

SpellArcher wrote:So long as the character is the same troop type as the unit you played it right, per pg 99, as MM hits are resolved like BS shooting hits and the unit was at least 5 strong. If you wiped out the rank and file the character would still take no damage.
*at least 5 strong (excluding the champion).
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support