Phoneix reborn...

Ask any rules specific questions here
quotethepigeon

Phoneix reborn...

#1 Post by quotethepigeon »

Just curious, haven't been playing long but came across this issue in my last game.
If my Phoenix is killed by a pursuing unit catching it am I still able to place the phoenix reborn counter seeing as it didn't ACTUALLY lose its last wound??"
Loriel

Re: Phoneix reborn...

#2 Post by Loriel »

Interesting question. By RAW it seems that phoenix is removed and you don't have condition that triggers the Reborn effect. This would actually mean also that if phoenix is killed by purple sun or something similar no token is placed. Too bad they didn't add vague "or other similar effects" on that note that HKB and multiple wounds.

I have to add this suggestion to Eiriks FAQ list.
High Elves since Aug 2010: Tot /W / L / D - 100 / 75 / 23 / 2
Tomb Kings since Sep 2013:Tot / W / L / D - 31 / 18 / 12 / 1

Chronicles of Loriel's Glory and Shame
Sackree

#3 Post by Sackree »

I would say no.

The wording is "as soon as a flamespyre phoenix loses it's last wound," seeing as when you are caught via pursuit you do not lose any wounds but are infact just removed as a casualty you do not fulfil the criteria to be reborn.

On a side note anything that removes him as a casualty without wounding such as purple sun or dwellers will also not activate phoenix reborn
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45855]Charge of the Loremaster - Army Blog[/url]
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

I'm with the others. Things that don't cause wounds don't trigger the phoenix reborn rule.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.