2400 Shooting Heavy List - Trying a new approach.

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

SteVieBizzLe

2400 Shooting Heavy List - Trying a new approach.

#1 Post by SteVieBizzLe »

So I look around at the current Meta in my region and the tournaments I attend and I see the same thing over and over, Avoidance lists placing high and dominating. Of course you will all have different observations but that what I see.

The usual lists I build just cant seem to counter this threat, my MMU hybrid lists just end up chasing shadows. So I want to try something else, so I don't have to chase anything.

Built for a SweComp tournament, scores a 9 (rounded).

==Lords==

Archmage - 340
-Lvl 4 Lore of Metal
-Dispel Scroll
-Talisman of Preservation
-Eagle

Prince - 294
-Lion Cloak
-Armour of Destiny
-Dragonbane Gem
-Ogre Blade
-Shield
-Eagle

==Heroes==

Noble - 150
-BSB
-Dragon Armour
-Reaver Bow
-Potion of Strength

==Core==

10 Archers - 110
-Musician

10 Archers - 110
-Musician

10 Archers - 110
-Musician

10 Archers - 110
-Musician

10 Archers - 110
-Musician

10 Archers - 110
-Musician

==Special==

24 Phoenix Guard - 435
-Full Command
-Razor Standard

5 Shadow Warriors - 70

==Rare==

Bolt Thrower - 70
Bolt Thrower - 70
Bolt Thrower - 70

Eagle - 50
Eagle - 50

10 Sisters of Avelorn - 140

Total Points: 2399
Shots per Turn: 102

Thoughts?
Ether Dude

Re: 2400 Shooting Heavy List - Trying a new approach.

#2 Post by Ether Dude »

Looks like fun! Eagle mage is unique, but you might struggle in getting it to survive. I like metal magic. Shadows, death, heavens and light are traditional lores, but metal gives you some good tools, especially with the cheap armor modifiers.

Prince is cool, eagle princes were a staple last edition. Might consider griffons/more eagle heroes to help cannon bait.

Dragon armor on bsb seems like a waste.

Core is a bit samey, that's a lot of archers, and getting that many firing lanes clear is hard. I'd drop 2 units in favor of reavers and consolidate into blocks of 15 with champions to hold steadfast and make firing lanes easier.

PG are awesome. Shadows, beasts and death make them more so, but you should be fine as is. Beasts+reaver bow is actually pretty sexy. You also get anraheir (amazing spell) and amber spear.

I'd split sisters into 2*5 or 2*6. Not sure you need both eagles if you have core reavers. I'd think hard about trying to get another RBT, as those are going to be doing work.
SteVieBizzLe

Re: 2400 Shooting Heavy List - Trying a new approach.

#3 Post by SteVieBizzLe »

Ether Dude wrote:Looks like fun! Eagle mage is unique, but you might struggle in getting it to survive. I like metal magic. Shadows, death, heavens and light are traditional lores, but metal gives you some good tools, especially with the cheap armor modifiers.

Prince is cool, eagle princes were a staple last edition. Might consider griffons/more eagle heroes to help cannon bait.

Dragon armor on bsb seems like a waste.

Core is a bit samey, that's a lot of archers, and getting that many firing lanes clear is hard. I'd drop 2 units in favor of reavers and consolidate into blocks of 15 with champions to hold steadfast and make firing lanes easier.

PG are awesome. Shadows, beasts and death make them more so, but you should be fine as is. Beasts+reaver bow is actually pretty sexy. You also get anraheir (amazing spell) and amber spear.

I'd split sisters into 2*5 or 2*6. Not sure you need both eagles if you have core reavers. I'd think hard about trying to get another RBT, as those are going to be doing work.

All very valid points, agree on pretty much all points. Trouble is this is a SweComp team event and i *HAVE* to take a list with a score of 9. This means tweaks and changes are difficult

Do disagree with the archers though, in this type of list Reavers would just be units to throw away, eagle do the same thing but cheaper and are more easily positioned IMO. Also the archers are in 10's so that in a pinch I can throw a unit or 2 away without losing too many points, if they are in combat 10-15 isnt going to make a difference IMO they are dead either way.

I will stick with Metal for now, I love Metal and think it is a very under-rated lore, plus helps me in the 1+ armour match ups if i get them.

Thanks for the feedback though, certainly food for thought.