Aggressive Aestyrion Host

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

ArcaneSnow

Aggressive Aestyrion Host

#1 Post by ArcaneSnow »

As much as I hate to do this... I've finally convinced myself that I should try and accept the new changes to the elves. I'm siding with Tyrion for now. Can I get someone to look over this list and tell me if it sounds solid?

EoT 2500 pts
Tyrion, Avatar of Khaine
Archmage Lvl4 Light, Talisman of Preservation, Book of Hoeth, on Eagle
Death Hag, BSB, Gleaming Pennant, Witchbrew

10x Witch Elves, Champ
10x Witch Elves, Champ
9x Reavers, Champ/Banner
5x Reavers, Champ, Bow/Spear
5x SH, Champ, Shields

10x Swordmaster, Champ, Banner
29x White Lions, Champ, Botwd.

Eagle

Total comes out to 2496.

Here's the thought process. Tyrion goes in reaver group. Since he's pretty beefy, I'm thinking he's capable of charging out of the unit to issue a challenge, his reaver unit can move and flank charge next turn. Champions in all units is to issue challenges and let Tyrion fight the unit to win combat res.

Bsb Death hag goes in WL group giving them frenzy. Since Martial prowess is replaced with Murderous, running them in horde gives me that 3rd rank of attacks back.

As for archmage, putting him on eagle makes him vulnerable, but at the benefits of giving him freedom to move around and cast his bubbles. Only spells I need are timewarp and Light of battle.
Light of battle would help me pass all frenzy checks, and timewarp would give SM and WL more attacks with rerolls back, not to mention more poison attacks for witch elves. The goal is really to just have everything in combat by turn 2.

Thoughts?
Check out my High Elves R3K Plog! It's super picture heavy though... You've been warned..