Just for fun 2,500 unorthodox list

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

ArcaneSnow

Just for fun 2,500 unorthodox list

#1 Post by ArcaneSnow »

Just wanted to share a list that I've been playing for the past couple weeks that has brought me quite a bit of fun and success.
I put this together because of ET and thought it'd be a fun theme to run but... after a couple games and one absolutely crazy one.. I started to bring this list more often to my local GW.
Keeping in mind that my local GW isn't filled with really good players but more casual folks, here's my shenanigans list that I pissed off a couple players with.

2500 Eggs in a Basket High Elves

Lords: 1050
Teclis (flaming sword, amber spear, plage of rust, net of amytok, dwellers, wind blast, mindrazor, spirit leech)
Alarielle Life magic
Alith Anar

Heroes: 304
Korhil
Noble BSB (Banner of Avelorn, heavy armor, great weapon, lion cloak, longbow, shield)

Core: 635
30 Archers mus, standard, light armor
3x5 Reavers, bow/spear

Special: 300
White Lions Mus, banner of eternal flame

Rare: 210
3 x Bolt Throwers

I called it eggs in a basket because.. that's what it is. Everqueen, teclis, bsb and korhil go in the archer block. Archer block now has protection from everqueen life magic, and stubborn thanks to korhil.
Alith anar goes in the white lions giving them swiftstride.

I found this kind of fun because I never run any other magic aside from shadow and death. Running teclis let me play around with all the other spells. which I then learnt.. net or flame cage + wind blast is funny. or... plage of rust + bolt throwers. enfeebling foe + dwellers is also fun, but this list needs mindrazor.

I'm also pretty aggressive with my archers now. Unlike a lot of players, I don't sit them back and shoot for 3 rounds. I've learnt to move them into a position where I use them as bait then follow up with mindrazored archers + flank charge from reavers. It's just fun. Regrowth on shield of thorns WLs... also fun.

Anyways.. had a few fun games against empire, daemons, and high elves. Did really well. Most surprising game I had was another HE player running large block DP, spears, sisters, and WL. and I ended the game by 1920pts to 0.... however.. he did dimensional cascade his level 4 on turn 1.. I've never felt that bad about playing a game before..

If you guys have any crazy unorthodox lists, feel free to share. Since most tournaments in my city are over, I'm just messing around with my armies now. =)
Check out my High Elves R3K Plog! It's super picture heavy though... You've been warned..