2800 list for an EoT tournament

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

rkajdi

2800 list for an EoT tournament

#1 Post by rkajdi »

Getting a list together for a tournament in two weeks. It's using the NOVA scoring, which is modified 20-nil scoring, with bonus points for linebreaking with a non-flyer, breaking the enemy fortitude, and destroying the enemy's largest item. There's a penalty point for having your fortitude broken. I really wanted to field my Undead Legion for this event, but a set of work trips has me coming home a day before the event, so my painted elves are getting the nod again. I have done very well with various HE lists at events at this shop before, but I wanted to do something different that what I've recently brought.

2800 Pt High Elf Army
Loremaster w/ Armour of Caledor, Dawnstone, & Dispel Scroll 330

Noble Battle Standard Bearer w/ Dragon Armour, Shield, Lance, Barded Elven Steed, & Banner of the World Dragon 178

15 Archers w/ Standard & Musician 170
15 Silver Helms w/ Shields & Full Command 375
15 Lothern Seaguard w/ Shields 180

35 Phoenix Guard w/ Full Command & Razor Standard 600
27 White Lions w/ Full Command & Gleaming Pennant 386
5 Swordmasters of Hoeth 65

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower 70
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower 70
Frostheart Phoenix 240

Total Points 2794

The BSB normally goes in the Helms, but can get moved over to another unit if need be. The BotWD is only there to provide protection against annoying Wood Elf shooting (a local guy loves Arcane Bodkins despite the math) which means that I need to deal with only one killer unit in Waywatchers instead of Waywatchers plus Glade Guard. My only real though is changing the kit on the Loremaster for a 4++ and the Book, meaning I can 1 die fireball and Shem's to start stacking the magic phase in my favor. He'll be in either the PG or WL as the matchup and deployment dictate. I only have 3 garbage drops right now, which is two less than I really like having, but I can't really think of where the points are going to come from for the other drops-- Maybe get rid of 5 PGs to take 5 Shadow Warriors to gum up some scouting positions? This event is supposedly hard/competitive, but I think the local guys have a different idea of what that is after the last event. I brought the standard WL world dragon horde, and nobody else brought anything near that tough.