1500 points unorthadox

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

agingerxplosion

1500 points unorthadox

#1 Post by agingerxplosion »

So... I played a tournament this weekend with a fun list that I have been using for quite some time now and I managed to pull off a win. If it was just from luck or skill I do not know but I found myself making all the right choices and slaughtering most armies I played against (including Dark elves etc)

The list was as follows;

Archmage book of hoeth (shadow)

Noble BSB banner of the world dragon

Mage seer staff (Final transmutation)

20 spears
20 spears

30 white lions hoard banner of sorcery

----------------------------------------

I found that even though i had a large weakness to war machines and no real way of destroying them (no eagles) i did manage to wipe most out with pit of shades.
Standard shooting was no real problem (3+ AS).
Combat, i just wiped the floor with any oponent and even when faced with multi charges, i fairly weakened the units beforehand with final transmutation etc. which let my lions crush them.
I faced a WoC opponent who had a heavy magic list and lots of warriors and i don't even think I lost a single lion (many spear men died obv) due to my magic phase dominance and combat.
This list i will probably continue to use because where i play people tend to stay away from war machines so i have no real heavy disadvantage and they enjoy their magic.
Sorry for the ramshackle layout but i'm in a hurry and i just wanted to share this with you all.