3200: HE + Empire vs Thorgrim's dwarves

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Sunndi

3200: HE + Empire vs Thorgrim's dwarves

#1 Post by Sunndi »

After besting my buddy's bearded doom (i.e. dwarves) in a best 2 out-of 3, he has opened the Book of Grudges, thrown down the proverbial gauntlet, and challenged me to a 3200 point battle. Of course, this lets him field King Thorgrim. Since I'm just building my High Elf army (IoB x3), my list will a be High Elf-Empire allied force. I'm looking or critique, advice, suggestions, etc on (1) fielding the best list with what I have and (2) dealing with Thorgrim. My list below comes in at exactly 3200-

LORDS (<=800)
General of the Empire (general; with knights)
-barded warhorse;
-Sword of Fate (vs Thorgrim);
-Charmed Shield;
-Opal Amulet;
-Crown of Command;

Arch Lector (with knights)
-barded warhorse;
-Mace of Helstrum;
-Dawn Armor;
-Potion of Speed;

Archmage (w/Swordmasters)
-Lore of Death;
-Book of Hoeth

HEROS (<=800)
Master Enginner w/Hochland
Master Engineer

CORE (800+)
HE Spears x30 (fc)
Swordsmen x50 (fc)
Halberds x34 (fc)

SPECIAL (<=1600)
Swordmasters x30 (fc)
-bladelord w/ Sword of Attack
-War Banner

Knights, Inner Circle x13 (fc)
-Steel Standard

Cannon
Cannon

RARE (<=800)
Helstorm Rocket Battery
Helstorm Rocket Battery
Helblaster Volley Gun

Forces I have but not fielded above: Knights Panther x9; Panther Templar Grandmaster; E. Reavers x15; RBT; Pistoliers x5; Outriders x6; Xbowmen x10; Handgunners x22; Greatswords x30; Flagellants x15; HE Prince on griffon; characters including HE mage, warrior priest, Empire BSB.

Knowing his MO, I'm guessing he will field a character-laden deathstar (longbeards, maybe hammerers in this match), plus 3 or 4 more blocks of 25-30 longbeards/warriors, 10-20 thunderers, his artillery (2 organs, cannon, BT), and maybe his gyro. Characters will be Thorgrim, rune smith, BSB. He rarely fields his 10 miners.

My first thoughts are to Death and rocket battery Thorgrim and his unit whilst my knights and SM's deal with his other blocks, sacrificing Spears, Swords and Halberds if I must. Cannons vs his war machines, Volley Gun as deterrent.

Thats it. Any and all comments appreciated. Thanks for loooking, long post!