8th Edition 2500

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Lord Anathir

8th Edition 2500

#1 Post by Lord Anathir »

8th Edition 1.0

Lvl 4, 4+ Ward, Silver Wand, Shadow 315
Lvl 2, Seerstaff, Lore of Light 1,2 165
Noble, BSB, GW, DA, Banner of Sorcery 174
30 Spears, sb, m 285
30 Spears, sb, m 285
20 Spears, sb, m 195
20 LSG, sb, m, shields, flame banner 285
12 PG, musician 192
18 White Lions, FC, skeinsliver, Arcane Protection 345
1 RBT 100
3 Eagles 150

I like it! The basic idea is to have the 2 big blocks of spears and lions hold the middle, with the PG behind them bunkering the characters. I needed somewhere safe for them and with stepping up the bsb wouldn't last long. Behind the lions they are relatively safe from getting overrun into and keep them closeby to make use of the magic debuffs, buffs, bsb and general bonuses.

Lore of Shadow is mean. It has great debuffs and a mean damage combo in the -d3 I and pit of shades + pendulum. Along with lore of light spells 1 and 2 I have the ability to turn any combat in my favour. I took the ward save on my lvl4 so that he is able to survive a scroll of reaction.

Lions have arcane protection for 5+ ward against magic. Not great, but they will be target number 1 so I may as well give them some bonus.

I have a unit of 20 LSG that with an rbt will try to hold a flank, Ill be trying to match them up with a hydra or abomination. The other unit of 20 spears will guard the flank of my main units, not be overly aggressive but just prevent the line from getting flanked by cheap stuff.

3 Eagles in there to help me get charges off.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
Greenman

Re: 8th Edition 2500

#2 Post by Greenman »

that's a good list.would you rather have had 2x lvl 2 mages,were it not for points requirements?
Lord Anathir

#3 Post by Lord Anathir »

Nah, you don't want to go overboard in a phase. Another lvl2 is basically the price of a whole infantry block and I wanted as many as I could get.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
Chayal

#4 Post by Chayal »

Nice list, but I would remove the white lions and add some more phoenix guards instead. White lions aren`t that good in 8th edition. I`d also either give the phoenix guards the armor piercing banner or the banner of arcane protection.
th0r

#5 Post by th0r »

Just a note, you can only take 2 of the same rare. So max of 2 Eagles and 2 Bolt Throwers (unless your assuming the coming errata will fix this). I think the banner of sorcery is a bit overkill and with the saved points plus 1 less eagle you could get a second bolt thrower to help cut down fast cav or whatever is trying to flank. Otherwise a solid battle line backed up by a bsb and good sounds good.
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/th0r3389/High%20Elves%20Painting%20Log/guard.jpg[/img]
CrazyCarl

#6 Post by CrazyCarl »

You are short 9 points, why don't you add another Spearman to one of those blocks?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34299]My army[/url]