Korhil: Usable?

Discuss your tactics for the 8th Ed army book here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

elthran

Korhil: Usable?

#1 Post by elthran »

On paper he seems so good to me. WS6, S6, 4 Attacks, ASF, and Killing Blow. On top of that he gives the unit he is with stubborn. I feel like he would be pretty decent and even have a nice shot at killing blow (4 re-rollable hit attacks against most enemies) a character.
Sackree

Re: Korhil: Usable?

#2 Post by Sackree »

2 wounds, T3, 4+ AS. I have always liked him and he does hit hard, but he dies to zombies and skaven slaves so is just too fragile for competitive play. In a Chace themed list though he can be a lot of fun.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45855]Charge of the Loremaster - Army Blog[/url]
theviking

#3 Post by theviking »

I used to run korhil in a unit of spears, but between step up and steadfast he's too fragile and doesn't provide anything a fighty noble can't do better for cheaper.
wamphyri101

#4 Post by wamphyri101 »

Hopefully he will die on end if times and we will get someone useful
Twitter: @chumphammer
Old WFB coming to give AoS a real try for a while.
NexS

#5 Post by NexS »

If he's in a unit with BotWD he should be pretty safe from anything nasty :)
Regards,
Brad
------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
pk-ng

#6 Post by pk-ng »

NexS wrote:If he's in a unit with BotWD he should be pretty safe from anything nasty :)
No still useless
T3 AS 4+, 2W. Anything will kill it. On average you'll get at least 4 attacks on him. Over 2 rounds of combat you could probably kill him. Most of the time BotWD will be in a unit of WL and what's the point of bringing Korhil into WL unless for fluff purposes. In SM unit with BotWD maybe more viable but if the SM unit needs stubborn to survive then it's a problem for the SM unit and it's bound to die. Korhil is probably best in a unit of PGs...
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
NexS

#7 Post by NexS »

true re him being best in PG. But he has a good chance at taking out enemy infantry/cavalry character if he's protected by the world dragon. It's all up to personal tastes.
I tried him on a chariot once, was not a wise choice.
Regards,
Brad
------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
Tethlis

#8 Post by Tethlis »

High Elf combat characters on foot are in a tough situation, generally speaking. Unless you can get Shield of Saphery in there, they're vulnerable to just about anything. That T3 is always going to be our big drawback, since it really allows volume of attacks to punish even the most heavily protected characters. I've lost my fair share of 3++ Lord-level characters in one round of combat, let alone something as bad as 4+ and two Wounds.
Warden of Tor Galadh
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#9 Post by SpellArcher »

Anointed can be pretty solid on foot.

But his defence is a long way from Korhil's.
bloody nunchucks

#10 Post by bloody nunchucks »

Korhil can be fun, especially with that heroic killing blow.

That said, he is trash due to his 4+ save being only T3. It's been said here so I'm beating a dead horse but it is true.
I used to play:
High Elves
Tau
Retribution of Scyrah
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#11 Post by Curu Olannon »

Korhil`s one saving grace is stubborn. He`s basically an alternative to taking a Noble (or Sea Helm) with Crown of Command + Shield of the Merwyrm, trading defense for offense. Although he is fragile, the sheer power of 4 ASF Killing Blow attacks will make many enemies think twice before engaging him. In certain comp systems (e.g. Giant Fanatic) where both the Crown of Command and White Lions are penalized heavily, Korhil suddenly becomes an interesting choice. After all, many High Elf configurations rely on stubborn WL going 3-wide to protect important cargo and there`s no reason SM can`t do the same if they`re stubborn.

That said, uncomped I don`t think he`s worth it as there aren`t too many typical threats out there that KB counters anyway and he`s significantly more expensive than a Noble with Crown of Command (and although Merwyrm Shield is marginal it is quite decent with Shield of Saphery).
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
Grenic

#12 Post by Grenic »

I would use him as a low cost Prince replacement in Alarielle's bunker unit.
Dragon fire

#13 Post by Dragon fire »

Use him with the everqueen in a unit with BotWD. Then make the everqueen a primary high mage. Then all of sudden korhil spawns a 5++ but more often a 4++.. I see him as the perfect bodyguard for alarielle.