Da Boyz 2014 comp

Discuss your tactics for the 8th Ed army book here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

bloody nunchucks

Da Boyz 2014 comp

#1 Post by bloody nunchucks »

I am creating this thread because they just changed the comp for Da Boyz, which hit High Elves pretty hard while also allowing undead legions.

We, as High Elves cannot use Allarille or Teclis, and there are some rules in place to stop our eagles/fast calv from movement locking enemy units. See here for more details. http://daboyzgt.com/fantasy/

So my question is this. With Allarielle and Teclis off the table, and the accompanying strategies... what list do we, together all think is best in an UNCOMPED environment that allows undead legions? Is is still a White Lion horde list with BotWD and support, or is it a Silver Helm bus, or even a Moon Dragon flying circus list? I personally think I will just replace Allariele with a lvl4 Archmage in my White Lion list. I am looking for any thoughts that you guy may have on the meta scene right now and our own chances with infantry based lists where we can't use our two special lords.

I will try to update this first post with what camps people are in, if you could give me a quick list summary or list name if easily recognizable and the reason you like it that would be great. Remember to take into account the new rules, and the comp that Da Boyz is using.

By the way, Anyone else here going to Da Boyz?
I used to play:
High Elves
Tau
Retribution of Scyrah
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

Re: Da Boyz 2014 comp

#2 Post by Curu Olannon »

I don`t think this hits us particularly hard. It makes UL incredibly powerful, but we suffer the same as the rest vs this. Teclis and Allarielle are not mandatory to making a strong list in my opinion.

You have multiple options here, depending on what you expect the meta to look like. You can monster mash, deathtrain, WL + PG, PG + Shooting, WL + shooting or Coven of Light, for example. Given the fact that UL are so strong, if you believe they will be popular I would give some serious thought to bringing a Coven of Light list.
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
John Rainbow

#3 Post by John Rainbow »

I agree with Curu here although I do think the comp is a bit weird in what it has decided to change - no one else I know in the US does that. Seems like the writer is an Empire player and is tired of having his Stank railroaded and his Demi's stopped by double-fleeing chaff!
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#4 Post by Curu Olannon »

John Rainbow wrote:Seems like the writer is an Empire player and is tired of having his Stank railroaded and his Demi's stopped by double-fleeing chaff!
:lol:
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

Umm, just why are DE allowed to cast with up to 12 dice? With Warlocks?

The rules changes are fine if people are on the ball but anyone new or out of practice will forget them.

Coven does look like a good shout. The other obvious infantry list is the PG+Lions with lots of shooting IMHO.
IgnobleElf

#6 Post by IgnobleElf »

I'll be there!
Bringing a fairly soft list, so the comp restrictions shouldn't affect me too much.
-Brian McMillen
Chicago, IL USA
Grenic

#7 Post by Grenic »

Wow, missed a bullet on this tourney!

I was getting ready to sign up, but not being able to use Teclis means I won't be going. While I could understand this restriction with the last edition Teclis, it's over the top.

Too bad, the venue looked great.

Oh well, I'll just go to a different tourney.

Any others in the Northeast that are not more than 5 hours from Toronto (not including the time to cross the border)?
J4far

#8 Post by J4far »

Well if you are looking for a tournament close to Toronto we are hosting a small one in Kingston on the 9th of Nov. that is essentially uncomped 2500. PM me if you want more details!