Cav Prince - +1RR vs OTS

Discuss your tactics for the 8th Ed army book here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Sackree

Cav Prince - +1RR vs OTS

#1 Post by Sackree »

I've been running a bus for sometime now with goof success, and have been experimenting with a BoTWD dragon BSB instead of the tried and tested starlance/OTS BSB making the bus now look like this:
prince - giant blade, enchanted shield, Dawnstone.
BotWD BSB
13 Helms w/ FC

Whilst I am absolutely in love with the added protection of from the banner, I am really missing the ward save rerolls from the OTS. Unfortunately due to points allowance I can't add a 2nd noble To the list, so in order to fit in the OTS I would have to drop the enchanted shield on the prince.

So I want to know is it worth a drop in AS in order to have the opponent rerolling ward saves?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45855]Charge of the Loremaster - Army Blog[/url]
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Cav Prince - +1RR vs OTS

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

I don't think so.

The Shard is great but first things first. 1+ RR >> 2+ RR against the baddest stuff that the Prince is there to fight.
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#3 Post by Curu Olannon »

I`ve tried both. TOTS simply isn`t worth it, too situational compared to 1+RR.
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
Sackree

#4 Post by Sackree »

Curu Olannon wrote:I`ve tried both. TOTS simply isn`t worth it, too situational compared to 1+RR.
you've played a lot more games with me using the cav prince, so i'll take your advice as tried and tested. I have been thinking about it and +1RR is very good, it means that the opponent needs to be atleast S5 to alter what you're having to roll to make a save
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45855]Charge of the Loremaster - Army Blog[/url]
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

Most things in the game don't have Ward saves. 1+ RR makes a clear difference vs 2+ RR in the vast majority of situations. You can try to mitigate this by combo-charging a Frostheart in say but it's not reliable.