Seeking Multiplayer and TnT Advice

Discuss your tactics for the 8th Ed army book here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

ArcaneSnow

Seeking Multiplayer and TnT Advice

#1 Post by ArcaneSnow »

I haven't run into any interesting multiple army articles so I figured I'll start one and see if anyone shares the same problems as I do.

To start, I've only played a handful of 2v2 games and 4-5 player FFA TnT. During those games I kept running the same lists as I would have in a 1v1 game and overall I have been pretty successful in winning most of them; although the endgame was still a good experience, It didn't feel as though I won by much skill but more so that the dice Gods were on my side those days.

So I was wondering do you guys go through the process of building a different lists for multiplayer games and are there different tactics you guys employ during these games?

I'm also out to look for unorthodox strategies that you could get away with easier for multiplayer scenarios. For one, I've always wanted to run Fozzrik's Folding Fortress. I could see myself messing around with that in a multiplayer game, but never a 1v1.

Thoughts?
Check out my High Elves R3K Plog! It's super picture heavy though... You've been warned..
John Rainbow

Re: Seeking Multiplayer and TnT Advice

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Hey ArcaneSnow. You are right in that there aren't too many articles or posts here about multiple-player games. I guess they tend to be less popular or at least less frequent for most players. I've done a few team tournaments/games and those all tend to be about list synergy and making things work well together i.e. playing to the strengths of each list in a certain environment.

As for games like Triumph and Treachery I usually use those as a test-bed for new ideas or just go with stuff I don't usually use in my other games and just have fun with it. TnT tends to be pretty wacky by its very nature and doesn't really lend itself towards a competitive style of play. I tend to think those kind of games are more oriented to just having a good time so I would be careful with using stuff like the Folding Fortress which although amusing in some situations can also annoy people depending on who you are playing, especially in a for-fun game as it is somewhat of a broken item.