Lothern Sea Helm

Discuss your tactics for the 8th Ed army book here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Selvhan

Lothern Sea Helm

#1 Post by Selvhan »

Hey guys !

The Lothern Sea Helm allow you to make a free reform if you pass a leadership test after being successfully charged. Does that mean that if you are getting charged from the flank or from the rear, you can change where your current unit is looking at ?

Also, does anyone use this character as Bsb ?
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Selvhan/Signature.jpg[/img]
With tall lance held to our foe's throat,
Cold fury guiding our aim,
We are death upon the wind.
First Strike

Re: Lothern Sea Helm

#2 Post by First Strike »

You can change your faceing after the charge but you must maintain the same number of modles in contact. I use him but mounted on a skycutter. Cannot find a good use for him in a unit as his ability is normally only used when you make a mistake.
f00ssa

#3 Post by f00ssa »

First Strike wrote:You can change your faceing after the charge but you must maintain the same number of modles in contact. I use him but mounted on a skycutter. Cannot find a good use for him in a unit as his ability is normally only used when you make a mistake.
You're not allowed to remove models from base contact, but you can add new ones, assuming the enemy is wide enough.
oreaper

#4 Post by oreaper »

I've found his best use in a unit of swordmasters runnign long and thin 2x 7 or 3x 7, as allows the swordmasters to be present frontline and not have to worry about flankers. The opportunity lost in his namesake unit by not allowing a stand and shoot and reform still makes me cry inside :(