Why there no Phoenix Guard to be selected in WAR

Discuss the game of Warhammer Online in this forum.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

kourosh

Why there no Phoenix Guard to be selected in WAR

#1 Post by kourosh »

I favor High Elves Phoenix Guard but the are not playable in WAR and how we can do to make the Phoenix Guard appear in next expansion

i think it's would be fun to play them

i also want to hear any opinion why they not appear in the WAR game. 8)
[color=#BF4040][b]The Fire of Asuryan protect me[/b][/color]
Allerion
Librarian

#2 Post by Allerion »

well, if you were a PG you couldnt talk to anyone else except other PG in a series of nods and winks.
Excited for TOW
Dargon

Re: Why there no Phoenix Guard to be selected in WAR

#3 Post by Dargon »

kourosh wrote:i also want to hear any opinion why they not appear in the WAR game.
They appear. They appear all over the place - you just don't have the option of playing one.

As for why you can't play one, it's the same reason you can't play a Spearman, Archer, Seaguard, Silverhelm, Dragon Prince, Reaver, Charioteer, Maiden Guard, etc, etc.

Mythic limited themselves to only 4 classes for each race (DPS, Tank, Ranged DPS & Healer), and Phoenix Guard simply lost out. To have Phoenix Guard in, would've meant having one of the others (Mage, White Lion, Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior) out. Mythic simply couldn't include everything (they barely managed to include the White Lion as it was :wink: ).

Just a thought...
[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/Dargon76/Dwarf%20Command/DwarfCampaignBorder.jpg[/IMG]
kourosh

#4 Post by kourosh »

To Bad because i kinda like them very much ...... i think it would be quite fun to play as Phoenix guard
WarpPhoenix

Re:

#5 Post by WarpPhoenix »

Allerion wrote:well, if you were a PG you couldnt talk to anyone else except other PG in a series of nods and winks.
ahahahaha oh man that made me laugh, I can jsut imagine a bunch of "sly" phoenix guard trying to communicate and failing hard like characters from old english comedies.
Hey, does this cloth smell like chloroform?
Toran

#6 Post by Toran »

On a side note, it baffles me the way they chose the White Lion as the DPS and the Swordmaster as the Tank. Sure, the Lion has a higher Strength, but we all know that Swordmasters are better at killing infantry and Lions are better at staying alive.
No plan survives contact with the enemy
Allerion
Librarian

#7 Post by Allerion »

several people have made comments about how the game is fluff-rape, this is probably an example
Excited for TOW
Dargon

#8 Post by Dargon »

Allerion wrote:several people have made comments about how the game is fluff-rape, this is probably an example
Not really. There are several affronts to warhammer lore, but I wouldn't consider the class delegation of the White Lion and Swordmaster to be among them. Both units are highly aggressive in nature, and neither has ever been particularly more durable than the other - particularly in 5th edition when Swordmasters could carry shields & deflect arrows, while White Lions had a variety of attacks to choose from. It's also worth noting that the current 2A Swordmasters and always Stubborn White Lions didn't exist at the time of developement, nor even at the time of release.

Mythic needed one of the pair to play the role of DPS, while the other played the role of Tank, and really, both Swordmasters and White Lions could have fit either role equally well. In the end, Mythic chose to put the Swordmasters in the Tank role, under the rationale that with their exceptional skills they could parry blows and dodge arrows with skill enough to match the armoured durability of other Tanks (I also think they suit the shield option much better than the White Lion would have).

Just a thought...
[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/Dargon76/Dwarf%20Command/DwarfCampaignBorder.jpg[/IMG]
Elbereth

#9 Post by Elbereth »

Touching on the issues of the WL. He's awesome! I love playing him... Cat is cool and there's no shortage of action.

On a side note, did any of the talons make it to KEP? Korriri, where are you dude??
Hear the words I sing,
War's a horrid thing,
So I sing sing sing...
...ding-a-ling-a-ling.
kourosh

#10 Post by kourosh »

I think they should divided the team as

Tank: Phoenix Guard
Melee DPS: Swords Master
Ranged DPS: Shadow Warrior
Magic&Healing: Mage
Summoner: White Lion

I think Phoenix Guard are better in Tanker role than Swords Master and White Lion

The dark elf could add Beast Master to balance this
Silver
Shiny and Polished

#11 Post by Silver »

kourosh wrote:I think they should divided the team as

Tank: Phoenix Guard
Melee DPS: Swords Master
Ranged DPS: Shadow Warrior
Magic&Healing: Mage
Summoner: White Lion

I think Phoenix Guard are better in Tanker role than Swords Master and White Lion

The dark elf could add Beast Master to balance this
Phoenix Guards do not belong in a game where they can be played. They know all of the future events and their own deaths, they know where to be, when to be, they cannot speak. You cannot play such a role, it is not possible.

And I have no idea where you'Re comming from with White Lion being a Summoner? The hell is he gonna summon? Chariot Stampede inside a cave?
I know its your opinion but you need to at least think it through, if you've played the game for a while you should know it is fine as is (minus the balancing issues between classes).

The classes do not need to reflect their miniature counterpart completely, a MMO is a difficult genre for developers. The way they did High Elves is fine. Plus if you didn't notice, Black Guards are also Tanks (and so much fun to play) where in the miniature game, they are weakly armored.
Kalandros Shadowsun
Archangel

#12 Post by Archangel »

im there and have found you but you show up as offline even when you are online and i see you runing around in the ORvR area.

also spliting my time between Korriri my WL, Kyrriri my AM, Tel my SW an i have just made a SM as well
Korriri Stormblade White Lion of Burlok
Those Who Do Not Rember The Past Are Condemed To Repeat It Mistakes

Kill For The Living! Kill For The Dead!
Musashi

#13 Post by Musashi »

As PG, you can get to display your talents as a mime and shake your head after other characters make decisions.
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1317/1015107388_6c67a9c5d3_o.jpg[/img]
[color=red]Surprise is an event that takes place in the mind of the enemy commander[/color]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdU1F54FEOU]Crowbot_Jenny[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1AfDgZttw]Sunrise[/url]
[url=http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhrhr5JLBY1qc2rnro1_500.jpg]avatar[/url]
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jrt6b/The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5/]The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5[/url]

[i]But this did not surprise them, for as it is written in the Great Elven Book of Knowing:[/i] Isn't life just one bloody thing after another.