Against warriors of chaos.

Discuss your tactics for the 7th Ed army book here, together with tactics for other races.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Wicksi

Against warriors of chaos.

#1 Post by Wicksi »

Hello guys, some days ago I had a game against a Chaos player, it was the first time I played versus chaos and I knew they were hard in combat.

He had like 15Choosens with great wep 15choosens with 2handers (hero in unit) 6khorne knights 6khorne knights with a lord on jugg a hellcannon and Marauders, all of them were marked with khorne except marauders and hellcannon.

When my lion chariot had smashed up the 15choosens with great weapon and 3knights from the lords unit it died and my archmage killed the other 6knights.

When it was looking like I had lost a chariot 8swordmasters and 1spearmen and he had his 25ish marauders his lord with 3knights and his hellcannon left I felt I had won.

But that lord was hiting like a train :cry: he and 3units of knights whiped 17spearmens in one round and he had a magic ress of 3 so never managed to melt him up.

Anyways here is what I needs help with. HOW ON EARTH DO YOU KILL HELLCANNON!!! I ran my unit of dragon princes in it and I won combat by 1 and killed of the crew. then I sent in shadow warriors in the flank of it. and it completly smashed all I had in close combat the Shadow warrior and 2dragon princes left standing was left autorunning due to his fear.

Seriously its a cannon, how do you kill it without dying? (its a daemon in close combat)
WarpPhoenix

Re: Against warriors of chaos.

#2 Post by WarpPhoenix »

Your best bet is either bolt throwers or a star dragon.

Also keep an eye on the Enemy of the Month thread, its Warriros of Chaos this month!
Hey, does this cloth smell like chloroform?
dabber
Tactician

#3 Post by dabber »

Wicksi wrote:But that lord was hiting like a train :cry: he and 3units of knights whiped 17spearmens in one round
Good rolling there, as 17 means hitting with more than 2/3 of their attacks, but spears are so wimpy chaos knights will go through them like butter. On average, 4 frenzied knights will easily beat a spear unit frontally. 6 chaos knights can take Phoenix Guard frontally, although it is quite close.
Wicksi wrote:and he had a magic ress of 3 so never managed to melt him up.
The highest Warriors of Chaos can buy is magic resistance 2. Remember, magic resistance does not stack. Per below, the lord can get MR(3) with a warshrine, but that is unlikely.
Wicksi wrote:HOW ON EARTH DO YOU KILL HELLCANNON!!!
As with all such questions, the answer is Star Dragon, bolt throwers, or magic. Magic won't work great against the Hellcannon, but the others always work. Do NOT USE TROOPS TO FIGHT MONSTERS. It doesn't work.
Last edited by dabber on Wed May 19, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WarpPhoenix

#4 Post by WarpPhoenix »

He could have rolled it on the eye of the gods table.
dabber
Tactician

#5 Post by dabber »

WarpPhoenix wrote:He could have rolled it on the eye of the gods table.
Which should also never happen. With an Archmage in the High Elf army, there is nothing that should ever be in a challenge with a chaos lord. And with a big block of spears, there is no way he should get in a challenge with anything short of the spear block.
Minsc

#6 Post by Minsc »

His list is rather bad really, all khorne means that you can drag his frenzied units around the battlefield at your leisure(sp), and 2 units of chosen without Warshrines?
Seriously its a cannon, how do you kill it without dying? (its a daemon in close combat)
To be precie, it's a stone thrower, and to be even more precise, it's a monster that can shoot like a improved stonethrower. ;)
Soft it up with magic/RBT's, then finnish it with Stardragons/Starlance/Swordmasters/White Lions. The worst thing about it it's T6 + Unbreakability.
But that lord was hiting like a train :cry: he and 3units of knights whiped 17spearmens in one round and he had a magic ress of 3 so never managed to melt him up.
Chaos Lords do hit like a train, that's what they do. (but they also pay through the nose for it.)
Did he mention how he had MR(3)? Because I can as already mentioned only think of the EotG table.
WarpPhoenix

#7 Post by WarpPhoenix »

dabber wrote:
WarpPhoenix wrote:He could have rolled it on the eye of the gods table.
Which should also never happen. With an Archmage in the High Elf army, there is nothing that should ever be in a challenge with a chaos lord. And with a big block of spears, there is no way he should get in a challenge with anything short of the spear block.
He could have rolled it with a warshrine, or he could be in a unit of chosen that rolled it at the start of the game and stuck with them!

There's always a way, dabber ;)
dabber
Tactician

#8 Post by dabber »

WarpPhoenix wrote:He could have rolled it with a warshrine
Whoops! My bad.
Wicksi

#9 Post by Wicksi »

I think he said he had collar of khorne not entirly sure though