Surgical strike noble

Discuss your tactics for the 7th Ed army book here, together with tactics for other races.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Botjer

Surgical strike noble

#1 Post by Botjer »

hi im new here, and im starting up a new HE army after many years of not playing.

so anyways im starting at 750 point army, and i wanted a character on eagle to take out enemy casters or characters.

as my opponents will only be having heroes i was wondering what gear i should give the eaglerider to for example take out a caster in one charge.
Stormie

Re: Surgical strike noble

#2 Post by Stormie »

Well it's not that easy as any smart opponent will have their character sat next to a unit champion to challenge out your character. I would therefore advise a halberd or a Sword of Might so you are definitely S5 in the second round of combat after killing the champion, and probably a Gem of Courage to help you pass your break test stick around to bash in the enemy the next turn!

So, perhaps something like:
Noble, Halberd
Great Eagle
Armour of Caledor, Gem of Courage
If you can make him a BSB all the better but at 750 points you won't be able to afford it I think.
Flame of the Asuryan

#3 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

Your best man is:

Noble, Eagle, Star Lance, Talisman of Loec, Dragon Armour, Shield.
Noble, Eagle, Lance, Talisman of Loec, Dragon Armour of Caledor/Sacred Incense+Enchanted Shield

When in a non-cavalry unit, use Stormies set-up, Sword of Might, Armour of Caledor and Talisman of Loec.
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -
Botjer

#4 Post by Botjer »

right and for a character that hunts warmachines and skirmishers and flankers and other small units?
Bolt Thrower

#5 Post by Bolt Thrower »

I think for any kind of hunting the setup will be about the same. I like Stormie's with the Sword of Might instead of the Halberd. A variation could be:

Noble, Eagle, Helm of Fortune, Dragon Armor, Shield, Sword of Might

The only other viable build is:

Noble, Eagle, Dragon Armor, Enchanted Shield, Reaver Bow, Lance

This one is more for picking things off at range i.e. war machine crew before charging in.
Battle Standard Bearer. Don't leave home without it.
Bolt Thrower's High Elves