Noble's items vs. Brets

Discuss your tactics for the 7th Ed army book here, together with tactics for other races.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Gildor777

Noble's items vs. Brets

#1 Post by Gildor777 »

I am thinking of changing my noble's equipment for a 2250 escalation league game against Brets. Currently, he has Reaver Bow and Ench. Sh.

The rest of my list cannot be changed, and has a L4, L2, 10 spears, 10 archers, 13 WL w/ Lion, 14 SM w/Balance and Loec, Tir. Ch. 3 RBT, Eagle, and 14 PG w/ Sorcery which is generally where my noble has been deployed.

My thinking is, unlike the other 2 opp. in my tier, I am not going to be able to keep the noble out of fighting.

So, what do you think is the best load-out for the noble?

Reaver Bow, Ench. Sh. GW (my current setup)
Blade of Sea Gold (No AS- 6+ward for knights) and Ench. Sh.
White Sword (possible KB, 5+ armor, 5+ ward) and Loec (taken off the SM champ)
A. Caledor/GP, GW

Something else? I am leaning towards Sea Gold and Ench. Sh. since this will be the best for taking out regular knights, and 50/50 chance to wound characters while only giving them a 6+ ward.
Griffon Prince

Re: Noble's items vs. Brets

#2 Post by Griffon Prince »

I say go for the Gold...or Sea Gold in this case. It's a great oppurtunity to use an item that isn't all that popular.
Morathi and Tyrion sittin' in a tree...ewwwwwww
Flame of the Asuryan

#3 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

Definately Sea Gold! You can combine it with Talisman of Loec to take out enemy characters.
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -
Gildor777

#4 Post by Gildor777 »

I don't like Loec in this situation. It puts the hero at 1/2 wounds immediately, and he has no defense for that last wound. With Ench. Sh, he has a 3+ save which isn't too bad. I really like Loec on the SM champ, makes him into a hero killer.
Flame of the Asuryan

#5 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

If you can kill a lord with loec, the hero's sacrifice is worth it. In many other situations, you are totally right :) .
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -
Valeli

#6 Post by Valeli »

I second the blade of sea-gold.

I just started a Brettonian army myself, for a break from my elves. If there's anything that can cause serious havoc, it's a bunch of str 4+ attacks that ignore armor saves. Good against charachters or any of the knights you're bound to run into. And with the HE always strikes first, not only are you going to get a bunch of kills - you'll stop the dead knights from racking up any easy kills of their own on your rank and file (if you end up attacking them instead of the enemy general).
Sashimoto

#7 Post by Sashimoto »

Vote for blade of sea gold.
Gildor777

#8 Post by Gildor777 »

Blade of Sea Gold it is. Game will be on Monday. I will write something up after it.