Pendant of trickery vs slann soul stone discipline

Discuss your tactics for the 7th Ed army book here, together with tactics for other races.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aderyn

Pendant of trickery vs slann soul stone discipline

#1 Post by Aderyn »

Today me and my friend played HE vs lizardmen.

I had pendant of trickery (roll 2 times on misscast table) and he had soul stone discipline.

When he misscasted i made him roll 2 times on the misscast table and i choose the roll of 6 (which he can't throw over to me using cupped hands) and he claimed he was going to use soul stone disciple which gives him a reroll on the misscast table.

Question is: Do he roll twice again on the misscast table?

what happens :/
2250p army 2010 results
Massacres: 4
Solid victory: 2
minor losses: 1
Massacred: 1
geoguswrek

Re: Pendant of trickery vs slann soul stone discipline

#2 Post by geoguswrek »

since the pendant says he must roll twice every time he rolls on the table, and the reroll allows him to roll once again on the same table, yes, he does roll twice.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
Wildling04

#3 Post by Wildling04 »

Is this what you are asking? "Roll twice" is confusing me a bit, but I think think I get it.

1) He miscasts rolls twice on the chart (due to pendant)
2) You choose the result
3) He chooses to use his reroll
4) He rerolls twice again (due to pendant he has now actually rolled four times)
5) You choose the result again (just from the two results in #3 again).

I think that's the way that it would work.
Aderyn

#4 Post by Aderyn »

wildling, that was my interpretation aswell, was just making sure if anyone else knew if it was wrong. =)

georuswreck, yes but do i roll twice the second time aswell?

btw, does the soul stone discipline count as a reroll? and if so, how does that stack with "never re-roll a reroll", but i guess the pendants dont make a reroll - just roll twice?
2250p army 2010 results
Angel

#5 Post by Angel »

Aderyn wrote:btw, does the soul stone discipline count as a reroll? and if so, how does that stack with "never re-roll a reroll", but i guess the pendants dont make a reroll - just roll twice?
The pendant doesn't make you re-roll on the table, it just makes you roll twice. Soul of Stone grants you a reroll though, so you're only rerolling each dice once.
[quote="Brian Mage"]As usual Angel has it spot on!!! [/quote]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33158]Illyria and the Silver Legion - the story of my High Elves[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31409]Visit my High Elves log[/url]
Aderyn

#6 Post by Aderyn »

alrite, so the second roll (from discipline) is rolled twice aswell then =)
2250p army 2010 results
dabber
Tactician

#7 Post by dabber »

Yeah, he can end up making 4 rolls. Pendant says he must roll twice, so call them A and B.

He rolls the initial for A and B. Decides he doesn't like either possibility (say 2 and 3). So he rolls again, to produce A prime and B prime. Then you pick between A prime and B prime.
Alternatively, maybe his initial A is a 3 and initial B a 7, so he only re-rolls initial A. Then you are picking between A prime and B.