Horse in spearmen unit.

Discuss your tactics for the 7th Ed army book here, together with tactics for other races.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Wicksi

Horse in spearmen unit.

#1 Post by Wicksi »

I have to ask before I make my list against a friend (going against a O&G player tomorrow so need to make my list tonight) If I put a Noble/prince on a steed in a spearmen unit does it count like HE have marched if he wants to shoot with a bow afterwords so that he cant or he hasnt marched so he gets to shoot? (if they march 8inches not 10)
dabber
Tactician

Re: Horse in spearmen unit.

#2 Post by dabber »

If the unit marches, the entire unit counts as marching. They cannot move more than 5 inches and still allow him to shoot.
Lord Anathir

#3 Post by Lord Anathir »

really? that doesnt make much sense to me. what stops me from declaring the hero leaves the unit, marching the unit, then moving him 8 and saying he rejoins the unit?
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
dabber
Tactician

#4 Post by dabber »

Lord Anathir wrote:what stops me from declaring the hero leaves the unit, marching the unit, then moving him 8 and saying he rejoins the unit?
Page 73. A character cannot join and leave the same unit in the same turn.
Lord Anathir

#5 Post by Lord Anathir »

ah ok. well lol it shows how much I use a bow on horse in a foot unit.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"