Equipping Prince on Dragon w/o Armor of Caledor

Discuss your tactics for the 7th Ed army book here, together with tactics for other races.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

NecronBob

Equipping Prince on Dragon w/o Armor of Caledor

#1 Post by NecronBob »

So, I'm tinkering with a list for a comped tournament that really punishes dragon armor and/or the armor of caledor if it is coupled with a dragon. Normally, I like the defensive AoC/Vambraces/Amulet of Light build, but I can't take the comp hit.

Without the AoC, how would you set up your Dragon Lord? Right now I have helm of fortune, guardian phoenix, and the amulet of light. That's a 3+ rerollable and a 5+ ward. One step down from what the AoC and vambraces offer. Obviously, it's a little cheaper. Still, I can't help but think that's not enough.

So, what's the best set up with the AoC and dragon armor restriction?
Visit my Warhammer Blog: [url=http://rotgutmanglers.blogspot.com/]From the Jaws of Victory[/url]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

Re: Equipping Prince on Dragon w/o Armor of Caledor

#2 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Take the Vambrances and the Enchanted shield. 3+ re-rollable and a 4+ wardsave - better than what you've got now, and not bad at all. Add a Lance or The Sword of Might with an enchanted item and you're laughing.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
WarpPhoenix

#3 Post by WarpPhoenix »

Why comp DA like that? Why not just make a tourny rule that it wont affect the dragon?
Hey, does this cloth smell like chloroform?
NecronBob

#4 Post by NecronBob »

It's the WPS system. They hit Armor of Caledor hard if it's on a dragon. It costs the same as the Battle Banner.
Visit my Warhammer Blog: [url=http://rotgutmanglers.blogspot.com/]From the Jaws of Victory[/url]
Alathenar

#5 Post by Alathenar »

You could also try Golden shield with Vambraces. Though PA's setup is probly the best without AoC.
[i]"You only get one chance to make a last impression."[/i]
[i]"For every choice, a consequence."[/i]
Falahk

#6 Post by Falahk »

NecronBob wrote:It's the WPS system. They hit Armor of Caledor hard if it's on a dragon. It costs the same as the Battle Banner.
my advice would be to ditch the dragon if its a wps system, the hit for taking one is to big in the first palace, for it to be a viable option if you want a solid list
[url=http://swfbr.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=idx]SWFBR[/url]- Swedish Warhammer Tournament Calendar, Ranking and Forum
Giladis
The Merlord

#7 Post by Giladis »

Or you could take a Sun Dragon with Bow of the Seafarer, Lance, Heavy Armour, Guardian Phoenix, Amulet of Light and Shield.