Lizardmen Piranha Blade Rules Question

Discuss your tactics for the 7th Ed army book here, together with tactics for other races.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Spear of Eternity

Lizardmen Piranha Blade Rules Question

#1 Post by Spear of Eternity »

The Lizardmen magic weapon, the Piranha Blade rules read...

"Any unsaved wound inflicted by Piranha Blade is multiplied into two wounds."

Does this count only against enemies with 2 or more wounds on thier starting profile, or can a saurus scar-verteran with 4 attacks kill a maximum of 8 troops if all 4 attacks wound and are unsaved, being multiplied into 8?

For a 35 pt item, this seems a bit overpowered if the latter case is the correct one.
dabber
Tactician

#2 Post by dabber »

See the basic rulebook on how to handle would multiplication. See the GW FAQ for the issue in challenges.

Against single wound models, outside of a challenge, extra wounds do nothing.
Franc

#3 Post by Franc »

It does nothing to single wound characters. Only affects heroes, monsters, ogres and such.
[quote="Spider_wells"]Infantry are great, if you're an infantry player.[/quote]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32214][b]The Order of the Mage Knights[/b][/url]
Telephalsion

#4 Post by Telephalsion »

Think of multiple wound weapons like this:

Each hit from the magical weapon that succesfully cuts the victim up will cut the victim up more than a mundane weapon of the same type would.
~ [i]Lady Neruneya the Radiant [/i] ~
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Milliardo/Avatars%20and%20Sigs/MageKnightGuildLogoColouredh.jpg[/img]
Candy Chesthair

#5 Post by Candy Chesthair »

dabber wrote:See the basic rulebook on how to handle would multiplication. See the GW FAQ for the issue in challenges.

Against single wound models, outside of a challenge, extra wounds do nothing.
page 31 of the rulebook:

.... In such cases, roll to hit and to wound as normal and then take any armour saves and ward saves that apply. Finally, for each such wound that is not saved, roll the appropriate dice and then add their results together to determine how many wounds are casued. If the model has only 1 Wound on its profile, there is no need to do this, as models cannot suffer more wounds then they have on their profile. The victim dies instantly and any excess wounds are wasted.
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." -Sigmund Freud

High Elves 7th edition: W/L/D: 7/3/2
Spear of Eternity

#6 Post by Spear of Eternity »

That is the answer that we thought was correct when we played the game where it came up, but I just wanted to make sure. I never thought to check the main rulebook for that one. Thanks everyone.