Elves of emptyhat

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

emptyhat

Elves of emptyhat

#1 Post by emptyhat »

I thought I'd post some pics of my elves here and to start things off I got them all down off the shelf to lay them out. It's been a while since I started so I wanted to see my progress.

The mostly finished host that I think I'll get done soonish.
https://imgur.com/HobGNL6

And the complete collection that might take a while to get painted.

https://imgur.com/OY86fJn
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Elves of emptyhat

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

That's an impressive looking army. You've got some work ahead. But the host already looks epic. And it will only become better as more models become painted. Thanks for sharing!

Do you already have a few lists in mind which you want to play?
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
emptyhat

#3 Post by emptyhat »

I've been writing lists that are more about getting the painted units onto the table, alongside the ones I want to get painted next. That way when I look at the battle photos afterwards I can think to myself "ah, this picture would look a lot better if these spearelves were in at least foundation colours, rather than just sprayed." or "Oh what is really letting this down is the terrain."

The other lists I've been writing are more things I think would be fun or interesting and then highlighting them for paint progress. With Covid I've been staying inside pretty much 100% of the time so the opportunity to play games with other people is limited to the immediate household. That said I've set up a few games vs myself, getting a handle on 8th edition rules, taking those motivational photos and keeping the dust from gathering. High Elves and Lizardmen are the two really big collections I've got to grind through. My other Fantasy projects are pegged closer to 2K.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

Sounds like a great project. It maybe depends a bit on how fast you paint. I think I managed to field my first fully painted army only a few years after I started playing. But then, I'm a slow painter...

Keep us updated on your progress :)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.