Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:56 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

Congrats! It's a great looking army. And though it's not optimized, I wouldn't discount it either. It's a decent army. The main things it lacks are redirectors, in the form of either Reavers or eagles and magic (or more shooting). But if you add those in then it should make for a pretty good 2500 pts army. At least, I could ahve fun with this. Put the spearmen and PG in the centre, the cavalry on the flanks and you've got a good enough force to begin with.

The great thing I found on reaching this point is that everything you add is a bonus. With more units you could either field a bigger army, or you can start trying new things. And the number of options grows fast with each extra unit.

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:03 pm 

Just a small update, I've been posting most of my smaller updates over at the Eight Edition For Life forum's Monthly Painting challenges. Here are some shooty warmachines and characters that have finally been brought up to table top standard. Took me a long time to get the last few paints I needed to wrap up the magic effects.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:15 am 

Always a pleasure to see your updates.
The warmachines and its crew are nice and clean as ususal but we can clearly see that you took extra time for the characters and that paid off.
Also the pink for the capes goes really well with the colour scheme. Good idea because I think we don't see this colour enough.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:21 am 

I love your wizards!
Very clean painting style, congratulations.

My WHFB armies:
High Elves
Dwarfs
Orcs and Goblins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:27 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

They're great. The pink works remarkably well on the models. Well done!

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:20 pm 

Got that sweet sweet High Elf Prince on barded steed painted up, and I'm so excited to put this guy on the table. Got a 2000 point High Elf vs Skaven match coming up in August when I visit my friend in Washington, so we're both pretty excited to have fully painted armies on the table when that day comes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:14 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

He looks amazing. I really like his face. I know it's only a small part of the model, but for me the face always finishes of a model and you managed to pack a lot of detail into it. Well done!

I would love to see some photos of your upcoming battle. Two fully painted armies facing off against each other should look epic!

Check out my plog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:47 am 

Thanks for the comments guys, they really mean a lot.

Prince of Spires wrote:
He looks amazing. I really like his face. I know it's only a small part of the model, but for me the face always finishes of a model and you managed to pack a lot of detail into it. Well done!

I would love to see some photos of your upcoming battle. Two fully painted armies facing off against each other should look epic!

Agreed, the eyes really just make the damn thing feel alive. I think we're definitely going to grab photos of this epic get together. The plan is to start with a very plain 8th edition 2000 point battleline game. Then after that, we're going to play a 2000 point End Times game with different army lists. Then we may play a 3000 point match that'll either be a standard 8th or an End Times game depending on which we feel is more fun I think. We've got until August to plan this all out, so I'll keep you posted, and will definitely get photos up here after it all goes down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:57 am 

Awesome work with the mounted noble, looks amazing. Really like the colour you used for the horse.

Definitely post up photos of your game!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:52 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

TyrrenAzureblade wrote:
Agreed, the eyes really just make the damn thing feel alive. I think we're definitely going to grab photos of this epic get together. The plan is to start with a very plain 8th edition 2000 point battleline game. Then after that, we're going to play a 2000 point End Times game with different army lists. Then we may play a 3000 point match that'll either be a standard 8th or an End Times game depending on which we feel is more fun I think. We've got until August to plan this all out, so I'll keep you posted, and will definitely get photos up here after it all goes down.

I like this plan. That just means more photo's for us! :D

Check out my plog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:58 pm 

It may just be the light but it looks a bit darker than your usual style. And there's also more constrast. I guess that helps a lot in making it even better than the other ones.
A whole unit with this standard would look amazing !

Just like the others, can't wait to see the pictures you'll take.
And don't forget, when we're talking about 2 fully painted armies facing each other, there's no such thing as too much pictures ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:21 pm 

Azaam wrote:
It may just be the light but it looks a bit darker than your usual style. And there's also more constrast.

Yeah for sure. I think you can chalk that one up to me just not having a consistent photography space. Usually I just snap photos with my crappy phone camera while the models are on my very dark desk. I would like to create a light box of some sort so I can properly photograph a few of these elves.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:22 am 
Green Istari

He looks splendid, really vibrant.

=D>

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=70001

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:44 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

TyrrenAzureblade wrote:
Azaam wrote:
It may just be the light but it looks a bit darker than your usual style. And there's also more constrast.

Yeah for sure. I think you can chalk that one up to me just not having a consistent photography space. Usually I just snap photos with my crappy phone camera while the models are on my very dark desk. I would like to create a light box of some sort so I can properly photograph a few of these elves.

I've seen a few DIY sollutions for light boxes online. A box, some white paper and a daylight bulb often get you most of the way there without costing you too much it seems.

Check out my plog