The Host of Tor Elithis - A Tale of the Elithesi

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Anduil of Elithis

The Host of Tor Elithis - A Tale of the Elithesi

#1 Post by Anduil of Elithis »

Hi everyone,
with TOW having brought me back to this board - which I was only allowed to witness in its twilight years, sadly - I wanted to open a thread about my high elves to showcase my progress. Since I rarely get to play these days, I felt the painting area might be the most appropriate place, even though there is a place for blogs in the battle reports section.

I started to play high elves and WHFB back in 6th edition and was always interested in the elven colonies, which led me to declare my own army as hailing from the Isles of Elithis.
Most of my gamed were played in 6th and 7th edition and since then, the miniatures spent their time safely stored away.

Warmaster and a friend with a 3D printer brought me back to the Asur last year and now with TOW in the wild I want to develop my army again.

Expect a mixture of TOW and Warmaster pictures here with background bits about the elves of Elithis, or Elithesi, as they call themselves.

Atrached are some pictures from my first TOW game in February (the full painted turqoise elves).

Cheers,
Anduil of Elithis
Attachments
20240224_105235.jpg
20240224_105235.jpg (927.35 KiB) Viewed 19 times
20240224_123141.jpg
20240224_123141.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 19 times
20240224_123159.jpg
20240224_123159.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 19 times
Anduil of Elithis

Re: The Host of Tor Elithis - A Tale of the Elithesi

#2 Post by Anduil of Elithis »

"In the year 254 of Bel-Shanaar the Explorer's reign, the Sea Claw, a falcon ship of the Asur, sailed around the islands of Elithis south of the later Nippon and east of the jungles of Khuresh for the first time. On board was the noble Quendil from the House of Elithis, who had been commissioned to undertake this expedition by the Phoenix King himself in order to discover parts of the world as yet unknown to the Asur. Quendil quickly realized that these island groups were land masses comparable to the size of Ulthuan if they were added together. So, after mapping the islands from the outside, he hurried back to the Phoenix Court to report and request an expedition.

The news of the discovery of these new lands and their size spread like wildfire at court and soon numerous elves and princes came forward to undertake their own ventures there with the blessing of the regent. But Bel-Shanaar realized that the young, ambitious Quendil would serve his purposes better than the descendants of the great noble families already established at court. So he promised him and his house the title of prince and the right to name the islands if he conquered them for the Phoenix Court."

Spindrift seer Ildian of the House of Tirnith - The Chronicles of Elithis I: Discovery and Settlement of the Isles of Elithis

---
This is the humble beginning of the story of the Elithesi. I have more bits and fragments saved to post these together with other images of my miniatures. Always feel free to point out things that might interfere with official lore. There isn't much available on the Isles of Elithis, but there is always a chance that I might have missed something.

Cheers,
Anduil of Elithis

---

Image: The Elithesi host circa 2014
Attachments
h97h-4d-b3e3.jpg
h97h-4d-b3e3.jpg (171.32 KiB) Viewed 9 times