Bbookz Army

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

bbookz

Bbookz Army

#1 Post by bbookz »

This army was painted sporadically over about 6 years. Warhammer was a big interest in the mid 90's during middle school. Interest waned during high school, through college until fate interrupted and a co-worker reeled me back in a few years ago. I was too young to really appreciate tactics during my initial foray. The goal was to play a few games and have a fully painted army. It took a while and I have some pieces I may continue to add...but all in all - mission accomplished. Just in time for the death of the beloved old world with the launch of the wacky Age of Sigmar. I enjoy painting, but don't think I have the patience to develop much further. I like quick, cheap results. I took inspiration from others on this site, but the colors are mostly my own except where I got lazy and copied the GW scheme. I do have to give credit to RELee for the dragon color scheme - I liked it and used something similar. Anyway thanks for the inspiration everyone, I've enjoyed looking at the painting on this site over the years. The army is a mix of old and newer models.

Last edited by bbookz on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Bbookz Army

#2 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

The images don't show for me. Which is to bad, I always like to see a new army.
bbookz

#3 Post by bbookz »

I can't figure out how to get the link to work in message. I'm using google photos.

Here is the URL: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UlU93qJwVonqnFk22
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#4 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

nicely done!
bbookz

#5 Post by bbookz »

Thanks!
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#6 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Seriously, it's worth the click for anyone else reading this.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#7 Post by Prince of Spires »

Definitely worth the click. Lot's of very nice models in there. The beige cloth works really well. How manny points is it all together?
bbookz wrote:I can't figure out how to get the link to work in message. I'm using google photos.
Posting an image is done using the [ img][/ img] tags (without the spaces in there). The short cut for them can be found in the list of styles (like bold and italic) between the subject line and the text box when creating a post. What goes in between these tags is the URL of the image location. You get this by opening the image, right clicking on it and selecting "copy image location". Alternatively, for Google photo's, you can also open the image and copy the URL of the page.

For instance, when putting https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mtkla ... 1-h1095-no between the [ img][/ img] tags, you get the picture of your lovely spearmen. So doing it like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mtklagpKvKKhoLF3EbfX54HN-3_FO4C4pTZbhrtJsudc-qociblqGNYQrqKBUJM1Qt89kO2Ga3pTZap4Wibx2I_LeBrfEYFKkXViFgTXXyVO9QalNWqcha3N_8XzI2eggmU_Nl8A5Q=w1481-h1095-no[/img]
gives:

Hope this explains it a bit. Don't hesitate to ask questions if something is unclear :)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
RE.Lee

#8 Post by RE.Lee »

Love it!

Highlights for me:
- the spearmen with no white robes - always a nice change
- the mashup of shadow warriors, led my Alith Anar - missing the new plastics though :wink:
- the colour scheme on the Reavers - makes me want to repaint mine
- the archmage on unicorn - reminds me I have one in the " to do" box (same for the classic mounted hero)
- the BSB conversion
- new Imrik on old dragon

Thanks for posting. The army looks very much finished - is there something left? Any future projects? :wink:
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
bbookz

#9 Post by bbookz »

Thanks for the praises. I have a regiment of the IoB Seagaurd on my painting table that I want to complete. They're nice models and I feel like the army needs one more beefy block regiment to be complete. I have an Old Eltharion on Griffon, Tyrion, and a mounted BSB. I'd like to pick up the blind Eltharion model at some point. Currently I'm painting (slow and sporadic) three Gandalf style wizards from Reaper miniatures; one for me and my two friends.

I tend to jump around with hobbies and now that I have two little ones I've been getting into photography, but I'll eventually finish the Seagaurd and Tyrion at least. I took time off painting to complete the castle in my display case with my dad. Not a good scale for Warhammer but really cool kits where you glue ceramic stones over a cardboard form made by a company called Aedes-Ars.

My favorite regiments in the army are the lion guard (one of this first things I painted) led by it's two Kohrils, I also liked that I was able to squeeze a 5th? edition dragon prince into the regiment of horsemen. I needed a sixth and found him in the bit box and thought it worked well for composure that his lance was held vertical.

Good day everyone.
RE.Lee

#10 Post by RE.Lee »

Great - I'd love to see a Tyrion and Eltharion added to the collection!
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#11 Post by SpellArcher »

Those Spears are splendid.

=D>

The whole effect (not just the rich red) is wonderfully warm.
bbookz

#12 Post by bbookz »

The old very shiny, very strong chestnut ink was used on a lot of the browns, golds and reds - it makes for pretty warm color. Thanks to Rod's guidance I've attached most of the army below so it can be viewed in thread all together for the passerby.

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#13 Post by SpellArcher »

Lovely stuff!

:)

My favourite is the Battle Standard, so rich!