Artwork/Tattoos

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Andrew_uk

Artwork/Tattoos

#1 Post by Andrew_uk »

Hi Everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this but it's to do with warhammer artwork

I got 2 new tattoos at the weekend bringing my grand total up to 3 :) Very pleased as I got a lion on my back for very sentimental and personal reasons... Here's a picture. I would kind of like a dragon on the other side of my back (less for sentimental reasons, more just because I think it would look cool!)

However I have been looking around at many hundereds of different dragon body types and shapes and always come back the High Elf Dragon and Carmine dragon both just damn well looking cooler! Now I never intended for my back to look like a tribute to the high elf army; that is extremely wierd, I look at people like this and think they need to get a life

However, I do feel if I go through with this then my back will inevitably end up looking like some kind of tribute. I really will draw the line at getting any shields of saphery, runes, swords, gems, chariots, armour, pointy ears or anything... I have just always been drawn to dragons and ended up getting the lion done for sentimental reasons relating to my son. So my main question is this, please could everyone help me collect any artwork relating to the current high elf dragon? The tattoo shop I go to also has a very similar looking dragon on the front page of one of their tattoo artbooks and I was going to take a picture of that too but they said they wouldn't really be happy with that.

My brothers girlfriend is an artist (not a tattoo artist though) and I'm thinking of paying her to do a pencil and ink drawing based on the artwork I am able to collate but ask for it to be done in a different pose. Then I can take this into the tattoo shop and get the thing done! Below is the pose I am thinking of but again please comments would be welcome (particularly from the artistic folk amongst you, I'm aware this tattoo design is very much traditional... if you can come up with something cooler that would be great)

Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Artwork/Tattoos

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I plan on getting a griffon, pretty much where your lion is, but I want to expand my arm before moving on.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Google picture search

This is always a good place to start when looking for images

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
tinman

#4 Post by tinman »

I like the lion! I have a hybrid asian & medieval dragon half-sleeve on my left arm. For more dragon images try google - McFarlane toy dragons. Might help...

http://www.google.ca/search?q=mcfarlane ... 67&bih=643
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck??..
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#5 Post by Elithmar »

It is a bit sad to get a warrior of chaos on your back, but I would have thought you'd have to be pretty skilled to do that.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Calyrn

#6 Post by Calyrn »

I would suggest the dragon picture in the previous edition army book, but can find no images of it, except in the book itself. It is very nice, would work well as a tat :D
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33142]My Elves[/url]
The confusion between opinion and fact fascinates me.
Andrew_uk

#7 Post by Andrew_uk »

Thanks for the help guys, what I'm really after is lots of 2d artwork pieces which are in the style of or are listed as representing the high elf dragon. I like the design of the head and body and bodily kinesthetics of both. They appear to be designed and able to move in a way which is very natural and reminiscint of a crocodile.

I would want the head design to match (probably more closely with the carmine dragon, but similar to both) and I would want a spikey bone spine like the high elf one. Thing is though, like I say I'm still not 100% sure I want it, currently it's just at the what if stage. I want to gather as much artwork as I can then go to my brothers girlfriend and say what could you come up with arts wise that's in this pose but this style minus the armour?

I think it is slightly funny (though completely accidental) that it will end up looking like a tribute to the high elf army!
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Januuus

#8 Post by Januuus »

Hey Andrew_uk, your lion tattoo sounds awesome, and the idea of adding a dragon to balance it out is pretty cool! For finding the perfect High Elf dragon design, have you considered checking out Warhammer art books or even fantasy art collections? They often have a variety of dragon artworks that could inspire a unique design. Also, browsing through artists' portfolios on platforms like DeviantArt could give you a wider range of styles and poses to choose from. Your brother's girlfriend's artistic input sounds like a great way to personalize the dragon tattoo while keeping the essence of the High Elf style. Can't wait to see what you come up with!