Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:13 pm 
Green Istari

Prince of Spires wrote:
Nice noble. He looks suitably elven and regal. Very clean painting as well. I like him.

+1

The brown horse is interesting. White horses are striking but here attention goes to the brighter rider which is probably a good thing.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=70001

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:58 pm 

Prince of Spires wrote:
Nice noble. He looks suitably elven and regal. Very clean painting as well. I like him.

Points of critique (if you want to hear them). The mold line on the tail shows (in this close up at least), as does the gap between the head and the body of the horse. I admit I'm too lazy to fix those points most of the time as well. But it's an area of possible improvement.

Also, it feels as if the model could use some (more) washes to add depth and shading to the model.

Rod

I indeed want to listen to critique of course ^^
With the mold line I admit to being a lazy ass :( Probably I should buy some green stuff and I think I can cover it without it looking weird.
Regarding depth you are right, I will probably re-visit the model to try to add some highlights. Since I am a bit strained for painting time I am trying to paint more models and then once my 2000p army is painted I will add some extra details.

SpellArcher wrote:
Prince of Spires wrote:

+1

The brown horse is interesting. White horses are striking but here attention goes to the brighter rider which is probably a good thing.

Thanks! I kinda wanted to experiment with brown horses, I wasn't sure about the brown horse + blue cloth but it turned out decent.

"They thought the Library was a dangerous place because of all the magical books, which was true enough, but what made it really one of the most dangerous places there could ever be was the simple fact that it was a library."
Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:10 pm 

I got some metal Sea Guard on eBay, around 30 of them for a good price, so I have started by painting 5!

Since I only had 16 plastic Spearelves I will use these 5 to get a full unit of 20/21 :)

I need to apply some extra details, like the gems and the blade of the spear (and the shields), but I think I will paint some Dragon Princes first and revisit these guys later on.
I am trying to paint up to a decent level the army I will use for the tournament on 21st October :)
I have on the queue five dragon princes and 5 silver helms which is pretty doable, but then also a Teclis cosplaying as vanilla Archmage, I am a bit afraid of that one :roll:

I feel kinda comfortable with painting now, and I think the results are clean enough, but I should really learn some highlight techniques #-o

"They thought the Library was a dangerous place because of all the magical books, which was true enough, but what made it really one of the most dangerous places there could ever be was the simple fact that it was a library."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:31 pm 
Green Istari

I like the blues and greens together.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:58 pm 

Thanks SpellArcher :) I was trying to use colours that remind of the sea a bit, but green dominated a bit more than I thought.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:24 pm 
Green Istari

The green looks fine to me elendor. It characterizes the unit and the other colours will tie it in with the rest of the army.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:47 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

SpellArcher wrote:
The green looks fine to me elendor. It characterizes the unit and the other colours will tie it in with the rest of the army.

My feeling as well. Especially when seen from a distance I think (most of the time models are viewed from half a meter or more away, and not close-up after all).

Looking forward to the complete unit. They really are great models. So finding them for a good price is always nice.

Rod

For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91