Mordheim - To many Warbands

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Mordheim - To many Warbands

#31 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Added some Dwarf Treasure Hunters. I think it's the first time I've painted Dwarfs, with the exception of a troll slayer a few years ago, and the Hero quest dwarf many many years ago. I liked some of the models more than I thought I would.

Tonights painting time was spent pinning pit fighters. Hopefully tomorrow night I get them primed before game night. I also have two metal zombies pestering me for more paint but they will probably have to wait until monday.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#32 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Added hired swords to. As I feared that first post is getting bulky. So I'll do them smaller here too. I'll try to work out a good way to organize everything.

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#33 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Humm maybe small pictures in the first post and then the normal size ones down here.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#34 Post by Luna Guardian »

How ei you find the time to paint all those, your update speed is incredible!
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#35 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Luna Guardian wrote:How ei you find the time to paint all those, your update speed is incredible!
Well many of these have been done for a long time. It's just the thread that I originally did them on had photo bucket images. Going to photobucket, downloading my picture reuploading them elsewhere and then fixing all the broken links sounded like a nightmare. I try really hard to average a mini a day. I don't often make it. But my speed has picked up a ton from where I was even a year ago. I got the entire dwarf warband done in about 10 hours of painting. The witch hunters and warlock probably took about 4. I've done my best to cut out some of the fiddling around that was a major time drain. And I used to hate it, but I've gotten to appreciate batch painting. Those witch hunters were the last models that I finished. The captain was the only one that there was any rush on, but since the others were going to be similar colours I decided to do them as well. Doing just the witch hunter would have probably taken me at least 3 hours.

Right now I'm working on a couple metal zombies that don't share as many colours as I'd like. By the time those are done I'll probably have about 6 hours into just those two minis (being indecisive about what color things should be hurts). After those I've got 6 pitfighters, a dwarf, and and Orge. I'll probably set the Ogre aside and do the other 7. I'd guess I can get all those done in less than 10 hours (so about a week). The ogre will get some colours as I work on the rest so hopefully he'll finish up fairly easily.