The Ogre Elfeater Cooking Fire

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

The Ogre Elfeater Cooking Fire

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Over the years there has appeared lots of nice Ogre Maneater conversions, particularly in Lew_b81's outstanding log on Warseer (which is currently down), yet I've still to see a single Ogre Elfeater. Therefore, let's share our Ogre Elfeaters and inspire others!

WIP Ballista Ogre for my brother's army, still needs a Gnoblar hunted by a White Lion cub. Will be magnetized so he can either sit on a round artillery base as a Repeater Bolt Thrower, or a 40mm square base as a Leadbelcher:

Chracian

Re: The Ogre Elfeater Cooking Fire

#2 Post by Chracian »

Great idea, well executed. :D
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#3 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

That is pretty cool, and very well done.

Never got into OK myself (it was the first army GW added that I thought was simply ridiculous, TK were pointless and should have been an option in Undead, and the Brets should have been an option in the Empire, but OK were ridiculous).
Karak Norn Clansman

#4 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Thanks!

...and all those Elf factions could have been rolled into one army book. :D
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#5 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Actually, I fully agree. At least as far as the HE and WE, and possible DE as well. And skaven as a separate army rather than simply another part of chaos doesn't really add a whole lot either.

When they added all kinds of armies they made it to difficult to support all those armies, and you ended up with some that would go 15 years without any new models or rules.

Sticking with a few core Armies (Elves, Undead, Dwarf, Empire, Chaos, Greenskins) would have let them all get better support. And to keep excitement up they could have cycled though limited time runs of the more specific stuff.