Swordmaster Paint Guide

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

mkragh

Swordmaster Paint Guide

#1 Post by mkragh »

Hi All,

Finally got some hobby stuff done and even had time to write up a post for my blog. This time I had to paint up 6 more Swordmasters for use in the upcoming Heart Of Darkness tournament, so had a good excuse to write a paint guide.

HE Swordmaster Guide

Enjoy.

Mikkel
Follow me on twitter for gaming chatter: [color=#0000FF]@mikragh[/color]

My gaming and painting blog: [url=http://vikingpainter.wordpress.com]The Viking Painter[/url]
Prandtl

Re: Swordmaster Paint Guide

#2 Post by Prandtl »

Love the result, how long did it take you to make one?
John Rainbow

#3 Post by John Rainbow »

Agreed. Really nice work and a good guide.
mkragh

#4 Post by mkragh »

I am a very slow painter so this batch of 6 probably took me 12 hours, maybe a bit more. Skip a few layers and it might be possible to get that down to about 6 hours for 6.

My gaming and painting blog: [url=http://vikingpainter.wordpress.com]The Viking Painter[/url]
Darbog

#5 Post by Darbog »

mkragh wrote:I am a very slow painter so this batch of 6 probably took me 12 hours, maybe a bit more. Skip a few layers and it might be possible to get that down to about 6 hours for 6.
If that is very slow painting, then I don't know what to call what I am doing... #-o

Looks good though. Gonna take some inspiration from it.
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#6 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Hi Mikkel!

Great post and very nice guide! I agree, 1-2 hours per miniature is not slow at all. Especially for elite army, where the model count is relatively low. It was interesting to see how you combine airbrush with paint brush. It is also good to see that there are more steps in between than it may seem. That means that the technique is good as the colors blend nicely and you achieved a very neat end result!

Cheers!

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Mist

#7 Post by Mist »

Nice job. I hate you for the eyes on the model, mine all ways look cross eyed, so mine must be inbred. lol
Once again nice work
Gandalf_82

#8 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Great guide and superb results. Only wish I could produce such quality in 2 hours per model! I reckon I take twice that long to produce something less than half as good!!
mkragh

#9 Post by mkragh »

Well, I think it took about 3 weeks to paint six, which is fast for me but slow compared with others, had they been White Lions with would probably have been double that.

thanks for all the feed back. Next up should be some battle reports with the elves,

Nyeave

#10 Post by Nyeave »

mkragh wrote: had they been White Lions with would probably have been double that.
Grrrr White Lions...
Still havent had the will to paint more than the 12 i did 1½ year ago.
Visit my plog at [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43542[/url]