In the Mists and Shadows of Yvresse.

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Seach & Rescue

#31 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Bad news the painter had a date with a new girl on the weekend, so he didn't finish, he didn't even get past first base, what a waste.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#32 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

'Tis wise to choose a painter who hath taken a vow of chastity methinks. :wink:
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#33 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Where does one find such a painter?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
dublindawg

#34 Post by dublindawg »

Those would be the one's already married....
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#35 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Cheeky! He sent me a mobile pic of the seaguard, looks like he may have finished, yahoo! Just the pair of mages now I think. The pics awfully small so I won't upload it hopefully he sends me some better photos.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#36 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Got an update, he's painted the spearelves that have been made into seaguard, they took longer because he had to paint the design on their shields freehand, he says te real seaguard will be much easier yahoo!
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#37 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The rest of my Seaguard should get done this weekend yahoo! also my second RBT turned up during the week so I should have my 1500p army next week. I have no idea when the 2nd hand units I got from the US will turn up so no 2k games for a while but still 1500 is a good number. My painter and I are going to play a few 500 point games after work one Friday so I can learn to play ^_^
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#38 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Ah, may thou be much blessed with joy upon the occasion of thy first game my Lord.
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#39 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I borrowed my housemates digital camera ^_^ Still no word yet on my Seaguard but I've been told they'll be done this weekend.

Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

Re: My Yveressien Army of Mists and Shadows.

#40 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

I just realised that this guy who does your painting saved himself alot of time, and a bit of paint by doing a black heavy theme... :wink: :P
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#41 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Hahaha. He already knows after this army is done I want a cavelry heavy army that's going to need to be display quality and bright. He already told me it'll cost a lot more ^_^
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#42 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

How much is he charging, I'll beat the price??

:mrgreen:
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#43 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Competition, this is awesome. I could end up with a sick price.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#44 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Tiralya wrote:Competition, this is awesome. I could end up with a sick price.
Hey, come now, be reasonable... lol

but really how how is he charging?, I got a quote a little while ago, and it was rediculous....
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#45 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I'll have a look when I get home, he hasn't charged a lot, and his playing quality is pretty nice. he charges more for characters but that makes sense.
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#46 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Ah, thy army is most fair my Lord of Yveresse. Thy painter doth have a skilled hand indeed and is worth his salt it seems.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#47 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

My apologies Asurion, but it appears I have lost the sheet on which he priced out how much it was going to cost me for my double IoB High Elves, it had everything on it. How much the models were, as well as how much to assemble/paint/base them all. He's not online or replying to sms messages so he's probably out or painting the rest of my Seaguard. I'll let you know when he tells me. I'm interested in knowing exactly how much I've paid for everything. I know it cost me $65 for an Army Book, and an RBT(that's including assembly/painting/basing), and he's selling me another IoB Mage which has been modified so it's not a clone of my other one, that cost me $20 I could have got it cheaper but it was pay day and I was cashed up.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#48 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Not to bag his painting skills (AT ALL), but......

The birds eye view of Tiralya (forgive me if it's not her), is revealing, in that he's just bocked on colours (esp; the wings :( ), then drybrushed them a single greyish colour, it does not do the model justice, or the painter, as he does do a pretty good job...

It's also a pitty that he hasn't given much time to the bases either, as you can see the black underneath most of them..... :? bummer...

Was the Army book his??, that pricing seems O.....K....... :?
:wink:
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#49 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Pretty sure everything has been bought from Maelstrom in the UK, their prices are really cheap. Yea Tiralya is a bit rough, good enough for playing with but I'm going to see if he'll sell me his IoB Griffon and paint it better, the loin half of the body isn't great either, kind of like the horses on the Reavers, they just aren't as well done as the elves riding them. He'll be getting my Silver Helms to do soon and I will want them done better. I don't want them all the same colour either, the Silver Helms will be riding slightly different coloured horses, I think the Reavers all riding grey horses will fit in with the theme they can be called the grey riders or something, but young noble elves sons will want to be riding something nicer, maybe some nice blacks...
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#50 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Tiralya wrote:Pretty sure everything has been bought from Maelstrom in the UK, their prices are really cheap. Yea Tiralya is a bit rough, good enough for playing with but I'm going to see if he'll sell me his IoB Griffon and paint it better, the loin half of the body isn't great either, kind of like the horses on the Reavers, they just aren't as well done as the elves riding them. He'll be getting my Silver Helms to do soon and I will want them done better. I don't want them all the same colour either, the Silver Helms will be riding slightly different coloured horses, I think the Reavers all riding grey horses will fit in with the theme they can be called the grey riders or something, but young noble elves sons will want to be riding something nicer, maybe some nice blacks...
About Maelstrom, cool but thats a bit expensive then, s most stuff is around 40-45% cheaper, so if your paing for the models and painting the painting works out to be pretty exie....

Pitty about Tiralya.

Some black stallions sounds beautiful for the silvers, but did you actually pay for the current silver helm models?
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#51 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The prices have been pretty good so far, the silver helms I bought 2nd hand from the US. Paid $70 for two units of eight plus a horse mounted mage and a bsb on foot, all assembled and delivered. I don't know about current, they are slightly converted from what I've been told.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#52 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

If I don't like them I'll see what Chris can do with them to make them better, should be all good.
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#53 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

AsurionWhitestar wrote:Not to bag his painting skills (AT ALL), but......

The birds eye view of Tiralya (forgive me if it's not her), is revealing, in that he's just bocked on colours (esp; the wings :( ), then drybrushed them a single greyish colour, it does not do the model justice, or the painter, as he does do a pretty good job...
Mayhap I do not get out so much, but if I could paint so well I would be glad indeed. However I do agree that there is a difference between painting for oneself and being a painter for hire.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#54 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Tiralya wrote:If I don't like them I'll see what Chris can do with them to make them better, should be all good.
LOL :lol: , my names Kris... :D
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#55 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

^_^ Your parents had strange ideas about names too?

Mixed dealings in cash and bank transfers mean I have no idea how much money I've paid in total but he said he'll give me a list of his pricing, he has prices for tabletop stuff but his display quality stuff is by quote. I'm pretty sure I haven't paid more then $300 if you don't count the stuff I haven't gotten from him.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#56 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Tiralya wrote:^_^ Your parents had strange ideas about names too?

Mixed dealings in cash and bank transfers mean I have no idea how much money I've paid in total but he said he'll give me a list of his pricing, he has prices for tabletop stuff but his display quality stuff is by quote. I'm pretty sure I haven't paid more then $300 if you don't count the stuff I haven't gotten from him.
Is that including the Models too..??
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#57 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Yeah that includes the models, assembling the models, painting the models, and basing the models. I thought that a fair price, I've spent more than that building magic the gather decks when I was playing, $300 would get me two boxes of boosters, and I had to do this for every expansion which happened an awful lot more then here in Warhammer. I always thought this the more expensive hobby but it really isn't.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#58 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Tiralya wrote:Yeah that includes the models, assembling the models, painting the models, and basing the models. I thought that a fair price, I've spent more than that building magic the gather decks when I was playing, $300 would get me two boxes of boosters, and I had to do this for every expansion which happened an awful lot more then here in Warhammer. I always thought this the more expensive hobby but it really isn't.
Is the $300 for the 2x IOB sets (High Elves only) minus 1x Griffon, and Mage, or is the second $20 "converted" Mage included in that, and/or did you get the Rulebook/s &/or Templates & Range Rulers.??
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#59 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

just the IoB stuff was around $170ish that included all the elves minus one griffon prince(it was like $151 or something and I added the extra mage I bought later on), I also got all the other stuff that came in the box, the mini rule book, the templates, dice and such, to make it up to around $300, I think he said $280, that includes two rbts, a box of spearelves, an army book. I should be able to give you better numbers tomorrow when I see him at work.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#60 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

So my Silver Helms turned up, they are a bit rough so fixing them up as well as all the rest is ending up costing me $150, kind of hurt my budget, was going to get my puppy desexed. The Seaguard I'm assured will be completed this weekend, the gods only know how long the Silver Helms, BSB and mounted mage are going to take. That $150 does include doing the BSB which is a fantastic model, and changing the mage to make him look better, he's a bit boring atm, also getting some freehand designs done on the Silver Helms shields, suggested a simple elvish rune and he came back with something like the lord of the rings water horse thing, no idea what that is but if it should look nicer than a rune.