In the Mists and Shadows of Yvresse.

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

Re: In the Mists and Shadows of Yvresse.

#2161 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

You could paint Skaryn rainbow colours to symbolise the eight Lores.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2162 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Hah, people still follow this =P
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
NexS

#2163 Post by NexS »

That's a nice model, mate!
I'm looking forward to seeing more paint on this bad boy!
Regards,
Brad
------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2164 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Sorry I've been slack hey, well actually I haven't, I've been busy doing WWII stuff in preparation for the anniversary of D-Day.
This week I have been doing whfb stuff though. I' trying to get my Eternal Guard ready to start painting, just the heads to go now~

The plan is to prime my Phoenix Guard at the same time as these guys, might prime a couple of other things too.
Last supply run I did I picked up a 200mL Vallejo grey primer, so I might get as much primed as I can, maybe my Deadzone stuff too...
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2165 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

No shields until I work out if I can paint them with shields, but I have the champion all assembled and primed ready to check the colours.

NexS

#2166 Post by NexS »

Nice work so far! Looking forward to some colours!

Welcome back mate!
Regards,
Brad
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2167 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The champion is primed ready for the test colours.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#2168 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Oops double post.
Last edited by Asurion Whitestar on Fri May 30, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#2169 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:The champion is primed ready for the test colours.
Been staying up late painting hey?
:3

What colours you thinking of?
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2170 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Asurion Whitestar wrote: Been staying up late painting hey?
:3

What colours you thinking of?
Nah I've been reading up on 7th Edition 40k.
I've been rocking winter since before it was cool so, browns, whites, and some blues.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2171 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Rough base coats ahoy~ with some silver details added to see how it would all look:

Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#2172 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Wow, your painting skills are ever better.
That would look great with some golden bronze. I love the winter hair, if you plan to leave it white that is...
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2173 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I wanted to keep away from warm colours, other than the browns. I was planning on doing the hair white, or grey.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2174 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Hi guys, I haven't painted anything whfb in a while, distracted by the other systems I play. I now have fourteen different systems on the go, each one is demanding.
My newest is Dystopian Wars! There are a couple of guys who've played it for years, but with it recently getting updated, a few more of us have jumped on board.
I chose the Britannian's, and was lucky to get the last box that was around. Nothing really to assemble, I think I had to glue two things...
Straight on to cleaning the minimal flash, and then washing everything for priming.
The airbrush was being a bit dickie, so popped into Toyworld and grabbed a can of Tamiya fine primer.
I primed them all this afternoon, after work, and then laid the base colour for the hulls. I went with a lovely blue from the Lifecolor range called Israeli Blue.
The idea is; next step is to lay down the silver, but being a little rough when doing the hull sections. I'm hoping that the bits of blue I leave will look kind of like reflections of the water.

whfb side, my Phoenix Guard are all ready for priming, honest, I'll get around to then eventually. I am going to need to get another pot of that blue though.
I did originally get it for the PG cloaks...
Malossar
Something Cool

#2175 Post by Malossar »

Nice! I've got a fleet myself, your next buy should be some lord hoods they're super nasty. Dys Wars is an OK system but is a bit clunky in the boarding phase and the games take forevvvverrrrr haha. Even a recommended small size game (750) can easily take over 2.5 hours since every ship moves independently and every turret/gun fires separately! Although the exploding dice mechanic is super fun.
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2176 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Note the ship just behind the Regent Assault Carrier in that last pic is a Lord Hood Battle Cruiser ^_^

I sprayed over them all with Gunmetal now so there should be no primer showing any more, light over spray on the hulls to keep some blue, and more detailed spraying on the rest:

[edit] The decks are still grey =P
NexS

#2177 Post by NexS »

Jeez you're a busy bloke!
I'm keen to see what these ones will look like finished!
Regards,
Brad
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2178 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

HaHa Now rocking 14 systems, I put a wash over these tonight after work, but it was cold in he shed and I didn't want to spend long. So I dumped the wash in my airbrush, turned the PSI right down, and was done in five minutes flat. I might never apply another was with a conventional brush again, it was so easy~
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2179 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Update on the Monarch Class Heavy Battleship:

NexS

#2180 Post by NexS »

that's purdy. Also, it's pretty small - good work!
Regards,
Brad
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2181 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The ships are ready to start playing with, I really need to start work on the teeny tiny planes I'll need to field as well.

Malossar
Something Cool

#2182 Post by Malossar »

I found the best way to paint the planes was to base the base in blue then paint the planes in darker grey tone and dry brush silver over the top. I then went through and painted the wing tips in different squadron colors that would help keep them separate in game.

Finally a little paper towel or sponge to dab on some clouds and you've got a very quick and easy flight base that looks quite good on the table!

I think my next army will be a French air force. After playing KoB and their terrible air power I want something that counts their air power as a strength!
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2183 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Thanks for the tips Cal, might give that a go today.
I have a week off coming soon, and plan to start on my Phoenix Guard, so there will be elves in here again~
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2184 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I was at QNK's Crusade on the weekend, and picked up some things for my High Elves, or someone else's if either works for my Secret Santa.
I got the Cool Mini or Not Griffon Commander, and some cool hero mode from a different line.
I also got a box of the new Shadow Warriors, so I'll be retiring the old Mist Walker Archers I've been using, and do up some proper Shadow Warriors.
While I was there for the tournament, there were a couple of stalls there selling stuff, and Gav from IF in Brisbane was doing painting demos.
I was busy playing so didn't get to ask him paint questions, but I did get some Terrain along with the models.
A big, heavy tower, caste with Hirst Arts, it's huge~ but cool. As well as some of the new pre-painted 4Ground Fantasy line of lazercut MDF buildings.
I assembled the inside walls this afternoon, and there are a lot of pieces, so these will have a lot of detail, pretty typical of 4Ground.
Here's the force I took to Crusade:

I came 22nd out of 41 participants, with a; 13-7, 5-15, 12-8, 8-12, 5-15(2wins, 3losses) record, it was a lot of fun.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#2185 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

I didn't know they had painting demos on..?
Damn that we missed them.

Your army looks great all ready for war.

Could you post a couple of pics of the scenery you got?
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2186 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Tomorrow mate, I'll take a photo after work.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#2187 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Sounds great.

Any finishing work done to the eagles as of yet?
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2188 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

These are the Buildings WiP

They are part of the 4Ground The Streets of Mordanburgh range
I've got one Highstreet house, and two Backstreet building, they seem to be going together well, just annoying how slow PVA is.

This is the Tower I got, it's from a Hirst Arts mould I think, and proper heavy, also huge.
For scale you can see the Shadow Walker I assembled the other day on the ramp up to the door.

No work on the Eagles I'm afeared, I just can't do work like that after work ^_^'
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#2189 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Wow that Tower is proper huge.
How much was it?

Those buildings could also be put together with super glue if they're made out of MDF.
You just need to be quick.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2190 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Tower cost me $50~ I do need to flock the base, and I think some creeping vines and such would be nice.