Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:34 pm 
Very Helpful Elf

Even understanding that he's the closest to your camera, and will therefore look bigger, he does look rather big. The seaguard that he's next to are already on the large side. I'm almost tempted to paint mine up and put him next to some of my 3rd edition stuff just for a laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:53 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

He is starting to look amazing. I love the clear, hard colours (not sure how else to explain it) and the overal look of him. He is a bit large though, especially with that base.
Shannar, Sealord wrote:
Even understanding that he's the closest to your camera, and will therefore look bigger, he does look rather big. The seaguard that he's next to are already on the large side. I'm almost tempted to paint mine up and put him next to some of my 3rd edition stuff just for a laugh.

You could come up with some house rules for an elven giant... ;)

Rod

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:59 pm 

Prince of Spires wrote:
You could come up with some house rules for an elven giant... ;) Rod

My anti-HE friend wouldnt allow it, he will not rest until all HE are equiped with only light armour and have R 2

Follow the dramatic battles and events occured in the ''island of gods'' 4 armies campaign!

Terrae Autocratorum. A space marines log..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:14 pm 
Very Helpful Elf

The fallout of the insane power level of the 5th edition HE book, followed by the over correction in the 6th edition book (with all the accompanying statements about what an elf "should be") still echoes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:05 am 
Pendragon

Mireadur wrote:
My anti-HE friend wouldnt allow it, he will not rest until all HE are equiped with only light armour and have R 2

That's sadly my experience as well, although we really only started playing for real in early 6th edition (as soon as the High Elf armybook came out). Any house rules I suggest are immediately shouted down :cry:

Shannar, Sealord wrote:
The fallout of the insane power level of the 5th edition HE book, followed by the over correction in the 6th edition book (with all the accompanying statements about what an elf "should be") still echoes.

This, along with other reasons is why we switched over to Kings of War. Yes, I'm still shilling that :P

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:08 am 

Shannar, Sealord wrote:

Totally this yeah heheheh

Follow the dramatic battles and events occured in the ''island of gods'' 4 armies campaign!

Terrae Autocratorum. A space marines log..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38