Mireadur's log. Caledor BSB Done, HE completed 30/05/22

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Mireadur

Re: Just another HE Log =) (Finished chariot! 29/7/10)

#91 Post by Mireadur »

Elaithnir wrote:Pretty! Mind if I ask how you do the armour? Looks amazing!
HI, the riders armour right?... 1st used mithril silver on all the armour. 2nd blue wash. 3rd black wash. 4th and finally mixed mithril silver with skull white and aplied it on the scales and the most prominent parts of the armour trying to emulate light as best as i could (im not so good at that part though, but making progresses i hope).
Elaithnir

Re: Just another HE Log =) (Finished chariot! 29/7/10)

#92 Post by Elaithnir »

I'd say. :) I'm definitely trying that approach on my own riders! Amazing results in so few steps...
Mireadur

Re: Just another HE Log =) (Hero with phoenix shield! 31/7/1

#93 Post by Mireadur »

Hi again, i finally went back to ''painting spree'' mode :p. Just finished this hero (i think archvile will like to see it done). It was about 5-6 hours and the result is decent.

I have to say that the shield looks quite amazing if you watch the real mini instead the pics, in these very close shots you can see however it is a very simple paintjob. What i like the most about the mini anyway is its original pose.

Im so happy with it that will be my general in our sundays gaming day hehe. Here you have a sniper super zoomed shot so you can see all the details in case you are interested (also can see how crude is my technique really).

So tomorrow saturday i have to prepare some narrative battles for the upcoming ''sunday of gaming'', although i maybe continue with the other chariot. As usual will post pics as i advance the thing. Good night all.
Last edited by Mireadur on Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Meraklis

Re: Just another HE Log =) (Hero with phoenix shield! 31/7/10)

#94 Post by Meraklis »

I really really enjoy the colours you are using. They are bright and well applied. Always a pleasure to see your newly painted minis :)
[color=#008000]My Caledor Themed Elves:[/color]
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32663
Elaithnir

#95 Post by Elaithnir »

He came out well! You made one mistake though...that Maelstrom box gave me your address. So I'm en route to come and steal your army... 8)
Mireadur

#96 Post by Mireadur »

Elaithnir wrote:He came out well! You made one mistake though...that Maelstrom box gave me your address. So I'm en route to come and steal your army... 8)
Fortunately i always cover my back and sent that parcel over friend's home hehe. That one arrived while i was in Morocco last winter :P
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#97 Post by Luna Guardian »

That
Phoenix
is
AWESOME!!!

You, sir, are talented!

I hate you :evil:
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Mireadur

#98 Post by Mireadur »

Thanks for the comments guys! im quite excited myself too about that noble! I used him 2 times as my general last sunday and both times he was downed by an orc warlord on wyvern hehe.

He had a very friendly gear though: sword of might, armour of heroes and Guardian Phoenix :) Fortunately he sacrificed himself for the goal and i got a victory (massacre) and a draw agaisnt orcs.

Anyway and back into painting, i expect to finish a mounted noble in the next 3-4 days, although this week 1 friend is here on vacations and we are going to have some games during the week (starting tomorrow afternoon).

Until the next update!
pitchfork

#99 Post by pitchfork »

Your army looks awsome, something to be very proud of, Isha would weep at the beauty of them.
Angel

#100 Post by Angel »

You've got a really nice army, when will we see the dragon?
[quote="Brian Mage"]As usual Angel has it spot on!!! [/quote]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33158]Illyria and the Silver Legion - the story of my High Elves[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31409]Visit my High Elves log[/url]
Mireadur

#101 Post by Mireadur »

HI, the dragon is sadly quite back in the painting queue (although you never know as inspiration is chaotic), but for sure you will see the new griffon lord painted by the end of september.
Baalan

#102 Post by Baalan »

I trully admire the way you 'make' your banners (the chariot one) and the PG cloaks...
could i bother you with a small request mate? i would love a closer look on your classic LSG...i have them as well but i dare not to touch them with paint lest i botch them (which when considering my painting skill is certain...).

cheers!
"Full of pride and sorrow for what i am gonna do with tears in my eyes and a dream in my heart...Nagarythe shall endure..."
Mireadur

#103 Post by Mireadur »

Baalan wrote:I trully admire the way you 'make' your banners (the chariot one) and the PG cloaks...
could i bother you with a small request mate? i would love a closer look on your classic LSG...i have them as well but i dare not to touch them with paint lest i botch them (which when considering my painting skill is certain...).

cheers!

Hi, not sure i understand you.. My LSG arent painted yet.. You want to see them painted or just a close up on the primed model? Anyway if what you want to see is a painted LSG i can tell you my plans are to make them exactly as the 4th edition RBT, with turquoise robes and silver armour, and just some details in gold. Thanks for the possitive comments!

About the army progress, today arrived some 80mm round bases i ordered and atm im adding them to the RBTs, will post some pics when they are finished. I couldnt start the mounted noble yet, as i had a game last monday and today. Hopefully i can have it done for Sunday.
Baalan

#104 Post by Baalan »

I think i can wait until you have them painted then :D
Being my favourite minies means that i am always on the look out for a theme that will do justice to them. After seeing your work i am eager to see your take on them!

cheers!
"Full of pride and sorrow for what i am gonna do with tears in my eyes and a dream in my heart...Nagarythe shall endure..."
Mireadur

#105 Post by Mireadur »

Baalan wrote:I think i can wait until you have them painted then :D
Being my favourite minies means that i am always on the look out for a theme that will do justice to them. After seeing your work i am eager to see your take on them!
cheers!
Well i maybe paint 1 so you can see it and i can use it as test model.

So, i finished the horse for my noble, i think it looks quite well! Judge yourself

So this is the horse which was originally intended to be ridden by the noble on eagle (both eagle and horse have a steel rod so the rider can be pinned) and after i tried the old noble on the horse... I changed my mind about painting the metal noble inmediately:

I think it looks quite good, so im going to start painting something else instead the metal noble i was going to mount on that horse...For now :mrgreen:

The objetive now is to paint 16 spearmen (out of the unit of 32 i made) before august is over... We will see if i can do it (with those spearmen and the new griffon lord i will have 3000 points painted without any magical item)

EDIT: Added the round bases to the RBTs too:
Last edited by Mireadur on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baalan

Re: Just another HE Log =) (Noble on horse 07/8/10)

#106 Post by Baalan »

That middle RBT sure brings back fond memories...

and once again your technique in shading seems so easy, yet effective!

cheers
Angel

Re: Just another HE Log =) (Noble on horse 07/8/10)

#107 Post by Angel »

Lovely work as usual :)

I like the middle-RBT, I have 4 of them lying around myself waiting the get a proper paint job some day in the far future.

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33158]Illyria and the Silver Legion - the story of my High Elves[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31409]Visit my High Elves log[/url]
Mireadur

Re: Just another HE Log (Spearmen champion 31/8/10)

#108 Post by Mireadur »

Hi again guys. As usual work drives me away from my beloved hobby and thats what has gotten me busy for the last weeks. All i did after the horse for the hero was giving silver to half of the huge spearmen unit i showed before.

Anyway, i went back on bussiness today and pulled off 5 great hours of painting (just finished in fact) to get the champion of the unit done. As i have said above i got a special mini for the champion and wanted to give it ''hero level'' threatment in what comes to painting.

Without being marvellous i think he came out decently enough for its purpose of dying to mightier heroes of other armies :p EDIT: actually he looks marvellous i think :oops:

Im not 100% happy about the shield, im definitely a total waste about NMM, i really cant do it nearly well without watching a guide picture as i paint.

And this is all for August! very poor numbers in this month, as usual :oops:

Tomorrow i want to start painting a metal mounted noble and after that im leaving the country for 2 weeks.. Will try to finish the new Griffon Lord when i return from the trip.

Enjoy, have fun gaming and paint those armies!
Last edited by Mireadur on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alithryn

Re: Just another HE Log =) ( (Full reavers done 2/7/10)

#109 Post by Alithryn »

Firstly, your army is fantastic! Great results!

Now...
Mireadur wrote: Image
..Just how exaclty did you paint that bone effect scale mail on the BSB ?
[size=150][color=#0080BF][b]"Elves were meant for War!.."[/b] - Alithryn Dragontamer[/color][/size]
[color=#0080BF]View my Army Log here: [url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32954]Alithryn's Host of the Asur[/url][/color]
Mireadur

#110 Post by Mireadur »

Hi, thanks for your comments.

About the BSB im not sure if that is a compliment or not.. As the scalemail is supposed to be gold :oops:

Anyway i use the same technique either for gold and silver... Base colour shining gold/silver mithril. Then use the washes (devlan mud or ogryn flesh/blue and black) and then for the lights im currently using vomit brown, vomit brown+white/silver+white.

In that BSB however i used golden yellow and white/bleached bone for the lights. And several ogryn flesh washes in the early stages (im currently finding devlan mud much nicer).
Alithryn

#111 Post by Alithryn »

Mireadur wrote:Hi, thanks for your comments.

About the BSB im not sure if that is a compliment or not.. As the scalemail is supposed to be gold :oops:

Anyway i use the same technique either for gold and silver... Base colour shining gold/silver mithril. Then use the washes (devlan mud or ogryn flesh/blue and black) and then for the lights im currently using vomit brown, vomit brown+white/silver+white.

In that BSB however i used golden yellow and white/bleached bone for the lights. And several ogryn flesh washes in the early stages (im currently finding devlan mud much nicer).
Ahh thanks for sharing, Mir! :)

Don't worry about my perception of the colour, photography of miniatures can sometimes be misleading :wink:
[size=150][color=#0080BF][b]"Elves were meant for War!.."[/b] - Alithryn Dragontamer[/color][/size]
[color=#0080BF]View my Army Log here: [url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32954]Alithryn's Host of the Asur[/url][/color]
Elaithnir

#112 Post by Elaithnir »

You know, the more I watch this blog, the more I want to start repainting my army. Again. :P
Angel

#113 Post by Angel »

Nice work, I have that spear wielding hero lying around somewhere. It is a really nice model.

Mireadur

#114 Post by Mireadur »

Angel wrote:Nice work, I have that spear wielding hero lying around somewhere. It is a really nice model.
Lucky you, i had to pay through the nose to get that one :( That model is a cant miss for a true high elves collector, one of the ''all times'' best imo.

EDIT: Been really busy the last 3 days but almost got finished a mounted noble. I will post the pics tomorrow as soon as its done along with the griffon lord i just got my hands over today.. Unfortunately, i wont be able to paint it until im back from a trip by the end of september.
Mireadur

Re: Just another HE Log (Mounted noble 05/9/10)

#115 Post by Mireadur »

Finished the noble now.

Going to try finishing a foot mage between today and tomorrow. Will post pics before i leave and if i manage to make it!

Hope you like it.
Last edited by Mireadur on Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
choclatecruncher16

#116 Post by choclatecruncher16 »

everything about this painting blog screams pure awesome. well done man. i love the way your painting style complements both classic models and newer sculpts so well. keep on painting man! 8)
[color=#0080BF]"I shall not give up a single scrap of Ulthuan without an entire ocean of druchii blood spilled in its name!"[/color]
[color=#0080BF]Tyrion-Sons of Ellyrion[/color]
Total scores with high elves since start of 2009.
W/ D /L
49 19 18
Baalan

#117 Post by Baalan »

Eldroth...now that is a priceless miniature of the Asur line :wink:

cheers
Alithryn

#118 Post by Alithryn »

Baalan wrote:Eldroth...now that is a priceless miniature of the Asur line :wink:

cheers
Mmm. And the mage that had the black amulet. That was a great miniature too.

I'll never forget that campaign pack. The High Elves got a Lvl 3 High Mage against a magically defenseless but superior force of dwarves. Assault of Stone ftw :D
Mireadur

Re: Just another HE Log (Female mage of Air 07/9/10)

#119 Post by Mireadur »

Finished this beau... Errr, damn shes ugly for sure :shock:

Now...The Griffon Lord, maybe i cancel my trip so it is possible i have him done for the next week. I need new brushes however before i attempt such a task.
Last edited by Mireadur on Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcontent

Re: Just another HE Log =)

#120 Post by Malcontent »

Mireadur wrote:I did this model as a hero trying to emulate some drawing ive seen somewhere.. is a normal elf with a spear and the hair to the wind. its been made up with parts from the chariot, lord on dragon, archers... Looks very dinamic and it will be a pleasure to paint it. In the end he turned in just a simple spearmen champion so it should be painted in october/november that is when i have the unit sheduled up for painting :p

I've got to say, I love this conversion. I think that it has inspired me to make my own, so I need to ask, what did you make it out of?