Mireadur's log. Caledor BSB Done, HE completed 30/05/22

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Mireadur's O&G log. spider riders finished 25/06/17

#931 Post by Prince of Spires »

The look pretty mean and bad-ass. And like RE I really like how you've painted all the individual bits of fur. The banner is very impressive as well. Lots of small details on there. And the woodgrain is great.

Can we get an army shot once the whole Orc army is complete? It should look very impressive...

Do you already know if you want to start a next army after the orcs? And if so, what it's going to be?

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Mireadur

#932 Post by Mireadur »

Yo, thanks. Only about 70 hours painting to be done with orcs, plus azhag on wyvern which i want to paint eventhough already got a wyvern orc. After orcs i want to come back to HE, i have extra core units i want to paint, some charxters and i want to repaint the white lions which are really low quality now. But the next proyect for 2018 is going to be Slaanesh. I still have the slaaneshi army from my bro from 20 years ago, some stuff painted by me and im going to finish it finally.

Edit: 2 pages behind (30) there are some army shots from the christmas macro-siege we did. Enjoy!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#933 Post by Prince of Spires »

The lure of chaos is strong ;)

I'm looking forward to the next pictures.

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Mireadur

Re: Mireadur's O&G log.Gorbad Ironclaw 02/07/17

#934 Post by Mireadur »

hey guys, almost finished Gorbad ironclaw. EDIT: FINISHED! it had been 3 years i didnt paint any gem :mrgreen:

Last edited by Mireadur on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RE.Lee

#935 Post by RE.Lee »

The red glove looks great and I always get jealous when I see horns that are so well painted. :lol:
The armour looks a bit too much like the boar's fur, though :wink:
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Mireadur

#936 Post by Mireadur »

yes completely agree, boar fur and armour look too much alike. I decided i would run the risk anyway because i wanted him fully black, as the biggest badass in orc history. I was going to paint the pelt on his back white/brownish/black but here i had to stop and change my mind seeing how the combo boar-armour worked out. I have too many orc warbosses now and i needed something completely different, i painted grimgor in white, the one on top of the squiggoth yellow and grumlock in typical orc fashion with metallic and black and browns so for this one all i had remaining was red or black and i wanted something different heh.

Huge model, the size of both boar and orc are tremendous and it consumed a lot of time to paint them out.

Painting the horns is really easy really, you should try it out. What i do is dark bown, then lines with bone white all along. then midway of the horn i do leather brown lines over the white ones. Then in the tip of the horn i paint dark brown again and finally in the very end of it i do black. it meshes pretty well alltogether.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#937 Post by Prince of Spires »

Mireadur wrote: Painting the horns is really easy really, you should try it out. What i do is dark bown, then lines with bone white all along. then midway of the horn i do leather brown lines over the white ones. Then in the tip of the horn i paint dark brown again and finally in the very end of it i do black. it meshes pretty well alltogether.
It sounds so simple. Though somehow it never works out that way for me. Like RE I really like the model. Though the base could also use a bit of work still ;) Great painting. And he does look like the biggest badass orc in history.
Mireadur wrote: it had been 3 years i didnt paint any gem
Gems are for pointy eared pansies of course ;)

Rod

Check out my plog

Mireadur

#938 Post by Mireadur »

yeah i plan on putting him on a 50mm base, but i dont have any here in holland. So he''ll have to wait :p

Thx
Mireadur

Re: Mireadur's O&G log. Spitter squig 09/07/17

#939 Post by Mireadur »

I finished another model, Its missing one of the gobbos with a pot of paint so i skipped that.

This time i didnt want more experiments so i went for the classic and sure red for the squig heh. still have to finish the base but that, as usual, shall be back at home.

Now.. I think im gonna paint the Azhag the butcherer model, best O&G model from GW i believe.

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#940 Post by SpellArcher »

Oh yes!

=D>

Nurgle eat your heart out!
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#941 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I was really close to picking on of those up a couple of years ago, but decided it made more sense to sell off most of the night goblins instead. We just don't play "army" sized games anymore. My night goblin warband is having a blast in Mordheim though.

At first glance it looked like it wasn't up to your usual standard, but when I look closer it clearly is, it's just the lack of a base that make it look unfinished. So please, when you do get a chance to base it take some more pictures.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#942 Post by Prince of Spires »

That model really shows what night goblins are all about. Whacky, weird, malevolent and lots of fun :) Great paint job. I agree about the base ;)

@Shannar: what rules do you use for your night goblin warband?

Rod

Check out my plog

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#943 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Prince of Spires wrote: @Shannar: what rules do you use for your night goblin warband?

Rod
There was one on mordheimer.com before that went down that was really well done. I'm not sure it's still on the internet, but I'm not sure where. I'll try to remember to put it on my google drive or something when I get home and I'll post or pm a link.
Mireadur

#944 Post by Mireadur »

Yup, i wish i was at home so i could decorate all my bases.... Well, ok not because of that [-o<
Mireadur

#945 Post by Mireadur »

2nd row of bigguns with dual choppas half way down baby (this is the last regiment of this army!).

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Mireadur's O&G log. some bigguns 16/07/17

#946 Post by Prince of Spires »

Nice. Some very clean armour (for Orcs...). I really like the swords (or at least spikey sharp things). They look both blunt and dangerous enough.

Rod

Check out my plog

Mireadur

#947 Post by Mireadur »

I painted another row just 1 more to go, and also uploaded a group shot of what ive painted this year so far.

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#948 Post by Luna Guardian »

Those are some excellent orcs, well done! You've really managed to capture the brutality of the orcs with the paint scheme, and the bright spots of color here and there act as really nice contrasts!
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#949 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

The paint job in general and the banner in particular are perhaps better than those sculpts deserve. You've made them look really good. I'm still amazed by that banner.

Is that I wyvern I see waiting for paint?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#950 Post by Prince of Spires »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:The paint job in general and the banner in particular are perhaps better than those sculpts deserve.
But they are such a characterful army :) ;)

They're great, as all models in this plog. Just the right amount of brutality and killyness and wacky O&G fun.

Rod

Check out my plog

RE.Lee

#951 Post by RE.Lee »

Cool, cool army! Apart from the varying skin tones, that is :lol:
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Mireadur

#952 Post by Mireadur »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:The paint job in general and the banner in particular are perhaps better than those sculpts deserve. You've made them look really good. I'm still amazed by that banner.

Is that I wyvern I see waiting for paint?
Thanks guys! yes Azhag and the wyvern are coming after i finish the last row of orcs and a foot savage boss on working on right now.
RE.Lee wrote:Cool, cool army! Apart from the varying skin tones, that is :lol:
Really??? i thought the skin variation was my true original adition to the orc armies!
Mireadur

#953 Post by Mireadur »

i finished the savage big boss now!

ImageImage

yesss amazing month of painting. So many models done.
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

Re: Mireadur's O&G log. savage big boss 28/07/17

#954 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Hi Mireadur,

Great looking orcs there! Your painting style with sharp contrasts and striking colors is perfect for this army. Great to see that you keep adding new units to the army. I can't stop thinking how awesome these models would look like with multi-basing, i.e. a unit on a single base in a mini diorama style. :)

Thanks!

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#955 Post by Luna Guardian »

Love the yellowish skin and the stone axe on the boss, stellar work as always =D>
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Mireadur

#956 Post by Mireadur »

Swordmaster of Hoeth wrote:Hi Mireadur,

Great looking orcs there! Your painting style with sharp contrasts and striking colors is perfect for this army. Great to see that you keep adding new units to the army. I can't stop thinking how awesome these models would look like with multi-basing, i.e. a unit on a single base in a mini diorama style. :)

Thanks!
Thanks man. I paint purely for gaming though, i cant see myself doing a paintjob just to keep it on the glass cabinet hehehe. ive sold a few armies lately but still have 11 fantasy armies full of models of which i want to paint as many as possible before i hit the bucket!
Luna Guardian wrote:Love the yellowish skin and the stone axe on the boss, stellar work as always =D>
Yes i got a very extreme skin colour this time. I used carroburg crimson shade for the shadowing and i was both delighted and impressed at how good this wash is.

I darkened the leather stripe on the model since i took the pictures as i thought it was too similar to the rest of the model, but overall im quite happy with how it looks. My main focus nowadays is to finish up the armies trying to maintain a good tabletop level. Im not trying anymore to improve my techniques as i did with the elves, so much that i have forgotten how to apply lights on metals or do decent blending heh. 3 years painting orcs has taken its toll, but at the same time i think ive improved a little bit in weathering effects and how to optimize appearance with less effort :mrgreen:
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#957 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Hi Mireadur,

I didn't suggest painting for display cabinet. I actually tried to make you interested in Kings of War :)

Cheers!

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Mireadur

#958 Post by Mireadur »

ahh... well weve played our own version of WH for the last 8 years! 27 army books, campaign rules, sieges.. ALL. The armies themselves are adapted to these rules )
Mireadur

#959 Post by Mireadur »

Yeeeeeeeessssss 3 years of work come to an end today! I finished the last regiment of O&G! Im happy with the overall look, specially the banner. The orcs are painted to minimun but they look quite good for tabletop gaming!

So now all i have remaining is the bonus model (Azhag on wyvern) on which i plan to spend the next 2 weeks. I hope i can make something nice. Also when i finally get to spend more than 2 weeks at home i will be able to finish up some basing work and 4 snotling bases.

Yesss.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Mireadur's O&G log Biggun mob done! 06/08/17

#960 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I think you may be just the person to help me as I can tell you are quite a distance from home and still painting. Did you fly with your paints? I'm thinking about taking mine this time, but I'm not quite sure.

If you did, how did it work out? Was it worth it?