Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:59 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

Have you considered getting / building a lightbox to take the pictures. Given our lovely light here in the Netherlands, I think it might make a big difference, especially in autumn / winter.

Rod

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:12 pm 
Green Istari

Obviously I'm impressed by almost everything you paint Mireadur. Do you feel though that things tend to come out even better when a model features a lot of detail?

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=70001

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:28 pm 

Umm id say so i guess. Mmmm.. What i really think is that GW has developed a style in their models that make them stand out easily when painted. Maybe other models are more realistic but come out as much harder to paint unless you resort to airbrushing.

Prince of Spires wrote:
Have you considered getting / building a lightbox to take the pictures. Given our lovely light here in the Netherlands, I think it might make a big difference, especially in autumn / winter.

Rod

Never thought about that, im not really interested in showing awesome model pictures anyway. I guess what i really like is to put them on the table, im content with the ghetto pictures i upload here to be truth :mrgreen: . They also help me to keep track of the things i do so i can repeat them later and also spot faults i probably wouldnt notice otherwise. I admit, though, that i love watching the pictures of the coolest models ive managed to paint. Also spend a lot of time just staring at my models in the showcases whenever im home.

EDIT: 1 more.

Follow the dramatic battles and events occured in the ''island of gods'' 4 armies campaign!

Terrae Autocratorum. A space marines log..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40