New Lizzies project

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aliethur

New Lizzies project

#1 Post by Aliethur »

You guys have been awesome at giving constructive critisim so I thought I would throw up my new project and see what you guys thought. I am currently getting ready for Adepticon and am trying to get my lizardmen army done. Any tips or opinions would be helpful ( I still need to base them of course)

My unit of Saurus's

Salamander

Skinks

Confused Counselor wrote:
Beside, you are as plain wrong as it gets. See what a greater daemon does to a space marine. See what Aenarion does to a greater daemon.
Enginseer

#2 Post by Enginseer »

beautifully painted!

i dislike the standard color scheme for lizards but to each their own.

how are you going to do the bases. This has been bugging me. My lizards are red/orange with black scales, and i wanted a supertropical jungle theme for them, but i cant seem to get a good idea for bases.
Additional Generic Comment...
Eärendil

#3 Post by Eärendil »

Nice work! They will def. stand out. I am almost always opposed to bright, unatural colors, and your scheme is no exception, but I will say that the dark red you have chosen compliments the blue nicely. :wink:

As for the bases, lichen will be perfect. I would also get a few differnt colors of turf, at least one of them should be a bright green. You could also try to get tropical foliage by getting some of those fake plastic plants that go in aquariums.
army blog: http://ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25300
Aliethur

#4 Post by Aliethur »

I am thinking of a muddy jungle like base if I have any large rocks or trees on the ground I am going to "try" a lichen but mostly earthen brown with static grass and then raise the grassen areas with tall grass. If I can find some decent plant floura we will see.
Confused Counselor wrote:
Beside, you are as plain wrong as it gets. See what a greater daemon does to a space marine. See what Aenarion does to a greater daemon.
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#5 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

When it comes to lizards I can't help thinking of the ones that live in my garden and they aren't brightly coloured, but are various shades of brown.

Your army should look good on the battlefield though which is all that counts really.
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]