New HE army in the making..

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

grisnik

#61 Post by grisnik »

Yeah I know the close up doesnt look good.. but from a distance they work.. though will have to touch them up in the future this much I know.. especially the hands and faces.. ..

Now off to get more painted up and get ready for the border patrol tourney next sunday..

Cheers
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#62 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Don't be so hard on yourself, - your WLs look good.
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]
Elaithnir

#63 Post by Elaithnir »

You know. Back on page one where Grisnik said he was a mediocre painter, I had some small glimmer of hope that my own work was of a comparable level...but then I saw those painted figurines and that hope disappeared...:( Grisnik you cruel, cruel liar...
:P
Kidding! Your figures are well painted, and I appreciate the sequence of photos showing them from box to battle, so to speak. Well converted, a pleasure to look at. They'll do you proud on many battlefields when the army is done!
grisnik

#64 Post by grisnik »

Lol thank you for that.. I don't think I am a good painter in comparison to some that I see ( especially on this site ) hence the reason I say I am a mediocre painter.. I know I could spend more time on some of the models but then I would get bored..

I am currently working on the noble.. and also primed 10 archers as well..

Seems my list for this weekend's border patrol double tournament will be..

Noble, GW, DA
10 Archers
15 Spearmen
10 White Lions

Not the most impressive list I know.. but its all I have painted/will have painted in time.. would have liked to use more Calvary but just didn't have the time to get them done.. maybe next time?

Interesting bit about the tourney though is that it is a blind pairing.. all I know is that I will be paired up with another "Good" race to fight in the tournament with.. should be interesting.. will post how it goes.. and also once I get these next 2 units finished will post them up as well..

Cheers
grisnik

#65 Post by grisnik »

Well I was able to get my camera up and running to take some photos of my noble..

Let me know what you think..

Now to finish 10 archers before Sunday.. should be interesting.. and a late night on Saturday to get that accomplished :P

Cheers
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#66 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Beautiful simply beautiful. I love the bronze accents and there is nothing like a good paint scheme that is applied crisply and cleanly to make a model figure look great.
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]
grisnik

#67 Post by grisnik »

Thanks.. I wasen't able to completely finish up my 10 archers.. but they are nicely base coated, inked.. and turned out to do not much in 3 games last saturday during our doubles border patrol tournament..

I was paired up with an empire player for the tournament which really worked out nicely for me in the end. We were able to defeat a Deamon/O&G army with a massacre, lose to a different Deamons/Goblin army that was very magic heavy, and then win againest a WoC/O&G army.. see a trend here??

Overall we came second and I gained a no reward top spot for painting of my army.. basically everyone was surprised to see freehand on RnF models.. I was happy with this..

Will be trying to get my archers done this week so that I can begin a new unit ( either DP or RBT ) next week..

Pictures to come when I get them finished..

Cheers
Raolin

#68 Post by Raolin »

You paint so well in terms of accuracy.. However, I find there is a lack of hi-lighting, drybrushing. That last model would look absolutely excellent if you drybrushed a light brown, or bleached bone over the hair. Some black wash and mithril silver over the armor.

Otherwise its perfect.
grisnik

#69 Post by grisnik »

Hey Raolin.. thanks for that.. i agree it can use a bit more for the hair.. all of the models could actually.. and I plan to just was in a rush to get the basics on them before the tournament.. and had to get a bit more details on the Character than the archers which were basic colors plus a delven wash..

Not much for pictures still.. my brushes are all getting to a point of replacement and my best detail brush just died this week :( So I have ordered some new brushes from the Vallejo collection to replace them. I am hoping that they are of better quality then the ones I find around here considering that they are actually cheaper as well.. but will see..

I have instead been working on putting together the last of my models.. got the other RBT put together, the rest of my archers, some more characters from spare parts, and the rest of my SHs that will be converted slowly to DP status.

Still need to put together the riders, and some more SWs as well.. but that will probably happen later tonight or this weekend now that I broke open a new pack of GS for them. Also want to redo parts of the ERs as well.. I think more spears would be good for them.. plus the cloaks could use a bit of work as well.

Hopefully mu brushes will show up soon enough and I can get back to painting.. though still have to wait for the weather to clear up so that I can prime some more models as well but I have some horses and a mage primed that I can start on anyways..

Pictures and such to come more frequently now hopefully..

Cheers
Illustrious86

#70 Post by Illustrious86 »

I love the ellyrian reavers. I did something similar, but didn't swap the heads around. I really wish I had now. Damn.
Shadow Warrior.
DobroCD

#71 Post by DobroCD »

The Reavers look great seems like a lot of us have had a similar idea thanks for actually doing it makes it easier for me to spend the money on glade riders :lol: I also had the plan of adding the feathers from the HE archer boxes onto the helmets to really stay close to the look in the codex but still have the much more dynamic pose of the glade riders. Good luck the rest of the way.
grisnik

#72 Post by grisnik »

Thanks for the comments..

I am still working on these guys but was waiting to get new brushes before continuing as mine were a bit old and dying on me.

I am just finishing up 2 more units of 10 archers.. then will begin to work on the Reavers..

Main reason for the Reavers to be up next is due to how well they play in games.. have had the chance to get in a few games and everytime I play them they deal out tremendous damage and become quite the pain in the posterior for my opponents.. I have another game with them this weekend so will see how they fair there as well.

The more games I get into the more I want to get them painted so am really trying to get them in so keep the motivation up for them..

I am really liking the mix of ways I can play with this army so far at a 2000+ level.. it has quite the combination available already..

Will post up some more photos this weekend once my archers are completed..

Cheers for now..